America's test kitchen? I just did some sort of potato thingy that was a disaster all the way around! It took twice as long as expected for less than 1/2 the results! That's a lot of time and money for wall-paper paste!

Sally

Ever test a recipe for ATK? lxxf America's test kitch...
No, never did. Nice to see you back on the forum, Sally! Where ya been?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Ever test a recipe for ATK? Mare749 No, never did. Nice...
No but I do test recipes regularly for Share Our Strength. I test them, suggest changes and have even done a handful of classes on shopping, budgeting and planing meals for low income and "at risk" families. It is a great program and a lot of fun.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Ever test a recipe for ATK? firechef No but I do test rec...
Hi there stranger. Yes, I did a few but I got busy with other recipe testing and they gave up on me, I guess. I don't think I ever did one that 'blew our socks off' but no losers really either. that's too bad, maybe the next one will be a winner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Ever test a recipe for ATK? cjs Hi there stranger. Y...
Hi guys, I've been traveling for about a month. Other than that, I haven't been doing much interesting in the kitchen. We've been trying to use the grill a lot, but it's malfunctioning. A big wind storm blew it over and now we can't get it hot enough.

Anyway, I expect to get back into food and cooking as the weather cools down, and I'll probably have something to contribute.

Sally

Re: Ever test a recipe for ATK? lxxf Hi guys, I've been t...
Hey Sally Yeah I used to do them all the time. Well till I got to about the 8th one. None of them were very good. So I thought well I'd rather test the stuff here instead At least it's edible.

I did a cake about 6 months ago from them that had absolutely no flavor.

Re: Ever test a recipe for ATK? DFen911 Hey Sally [img]/ubbt...
Get in touch with Share Our Strength!!! They always have a need for volunteers that can cook, test recipes, teach and share a love of food and people...not only is it fun but it is also contributing to the betterment of society.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
Ever test a recipe for ATK?