the reason new is in quotations is because this isn't new to my household but today is the first time I've actually used it. Here is what I'm referring to: http://www.breadbeckers.com/electrolux_assistent.htm

My husband bought this for me a couple of years ago and I never thought to use it until today when I was making dough for calzones (that will be another post). We didn't pay the price that it is listed for on that website. Mark saw it in an ad for a local discount store for $50!!

Now I'm thinking about all the stuff that I'm going to make with it! lol
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]

A "new" toy! mlucas1 the reason new is in...
You've had this wonderful toy for a few years???!!! Well, if you ever get tired of it, I can tell you where to send it, Meg. What a cool machine. Too bad the attachments are so expensive. Did it come with any?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: A "new" toy! Mare749 You've had this wond...
I have the dough hook that came with it. Which, according to the user manual, I won't need unless I am using 12 cups of flour or more!
Meg

Re: A "new" toy! mlucas1 I have the dough hoo...
I can't believe you've been letting it languish for 2 years! I get a new toy and I'll event a meal to use it! I can't wait to see how the calzones came out. I'd especially be interested in how bread comes out. More, More, More!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: A "new" toy! Gourmet_Mom I can't believe you'...
Wow, that's quite a machine! With that motor strength, the grain mill would be something to have.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  A "new" toy! mlucas1 the reason new is in...
Wow! What a neat machine! Never heard of them until now. I love the look of it too. Very nice.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: A "new" toy! luvnit Wow! What a neat mac...
I had never heard of them either until my husband saw it in the ad for Building 19 (that's a local discount chain). Now that I've used it once I want to use it again! lol

The only thing I don't like about it so far is that it is really big and tough to find storage for.

By the way the model I have is the very first one on the page.
Meg

Re: A "new" toy! mlucas1 I had never heard of...
Wow, what a find! I sure miss Bldg 19! Their adds were like comic strips. I always loved the Christmas Tree Shops too. Ahhhh, New England, I miss thee.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: A "new" toy! chef_Tab Wow, what a find! I ...
So I thought I would try to look up their website and see if they shipped stuff too. It doesn't look like they do, but they have a cute site. I see what you mean about the 'cartoon' ads. I looked at their circular. What a hoot!

[Image: coverrun13.jpg] [Image: 08.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: A "new" toy! chef_Tab Wow, what a find! I ...
Where are you from, Theresa?
Meg
A "new" toy!