This may have been around before but I couldn't resist sharing this recipe with everyone...

It was introduced to me as the World's Most Dangerous Cake Recipe...

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Neat Cake Recipe firechef This may have been a...
You really are a naughty man! I hope I forget this recipe by morning!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Neat Cake Recipe chef_Tab You really are a nau...
If not grab two coffee cups and have some chocolate cake for breakfast with the coffee...reminds me of that old Bill Cosby stand up routine about the kids wanting chocolate cake for breakfast...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Neat Cake Recipe firechef If not grab two coff...
You are a VERY BAD MAN! (I did see this before though...LOL! Along with a very "interesting" cake photo....ahem! )
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Neat Cake Recipe Gourmet_Mom You are a VERY BAD M...
That was sent to me and I forwarded it to all those that love food, cooking and have a sense of humour! Does kind of remind one of the "turd cake" I got for my birthday a couple of years back...similar theme I'd say!

Re: Neat Cake Recipe firechef That was sent to me ...
I'll say. Did you get the pick of the plumber I sent you to go with it...LOL!?!?!?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Neat Cake Recipe Gourmet_Mom I'll say. Did you g...
I had seen that one and with Holly working for a plumbing company it is quite fitting!

I feel like a certain Disney character...maybe the Northern New England version of him! Winnie the Pooh-Bah that is!

Re: Neat Cake Recipe firechef I had seen that one ...
Oh my, this one could get me into big trouble. I never make desserts, although I love them, because my entire family eats one small portion and the rest gets wasted (or I eat it, which is worse). This could break that ban on dessert cooking, now, couldn't it....

Re: Neat Cake Recipe carolekv Oh my, this one coul...
OMG!!! LJ you are so fired!! I hardly ever make dessert,and then when I really get the craving there's never really time or stuff to make one and so I talk myself out of it. Now I can have my munchie in 5 mins. You've ruined me, I'm sure.
Btw, have you ever tried Lava Cake?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Neat Cake Recipe firechef This may have been a...
You are sooooooooo BAD! I'll print this and give it to the Blond Tornado - I think she believes that anything eaten out of a coffee mug has NO calories (hence ice cream sundaes, etc), I'm sure I'll smell this one at 2am when she's off work.

This is weigh & measure week at Curves - no cake for me!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Neat Cake Recipe