I went to New Seasons Market today and found pork belly for $1.99 a pound, so bought two whole ones. Also found where I might possibly find some applewood chunks. I'll try that tomorrow. Also got some Agave syrup and a Fromage Fort (cow, goat, sheep's milk cheese with garlic, wine, and spices. It is very tasty and made inhouse.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Pork Bellies bjcotton I went to New Season...
Braggart! How you doin' those bellies Billy? Jean's Hoisin recipe would be my first choice if/when I ever find any. YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Pork Bellies Gourmet_Mom Braggart! How you d...
Funny, one of my grandkids loves bacon--he ate a lot Sat AM--we had little smokies Sun--he wanted more bacon--I told him I couldn't get anymore--pork belly futures had gone out of sight because he ate so much bacon Sat--he ate little smokies with no further comment --he's 4. Was I bad?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Pork Bellies Old Bay Funny, one of my gra...
No, all grandpas get a license to tease.

Re: Pork Bellies HomeCulinarian No, all grandpas get...
Pork Belly is not a pretty mental picture for me. What is it anyway, not the fat gut of some pig I hope
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Pork Bellies farnfam Pork Belly is not a ...
Quote:

Pork Belly is not a pretty mental picture for me. What is it anyway, not the fat gut of some pig I hope Not so (see below)
Cis

It's the pig.

Re: Pork Bellies Old Bay [blockquote]Quote:[h...

PJ
PJ
  Re: Pork Bellies HomeCulinarian No, all grandpas get...
Quote:

LOL! My Grandpa surely did. In fact, I inherited my sense of humour from both of my parents and grandfathers.

When we kids were in the car, and had learned to ask, "What time is it?" instead of "Are we there, yet?" my mother's father would answer us, "Ten to." Of course, we had to ask, "Ten to what?" to which he replied, "Tend to your own business."

To keep us quite for a little bit, when we were about to go under a bridge, he told us all to put our hands onto the car windows until we got to the other side of the bridge. Once we were through, he would ask, "Did you feel the pain [pane]?" His four brothers were the same, too.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Pork Bellies labradors [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

LOL! My Grandpa surely did. In fact, I inherited my sense of humour from both of my parents and grandfathers.

When we kids were in the car, and had learned to ask, "What time is it?" instead of "Are we there, yet?" my mother's father would answer us, "Ten to." Of course, we had to ask, "Ten to what?" to which he replied, "Tend to your own business."

To keep us quite for a little bit, when we were about to go under a bridge, he told us all to put our hands onto the car windows until we got to the other side of the bridge. Once we were through, he would ask, "Did you feel the pain [pane]?" His four brothers were the same, too.

[/blockquote]

I looked up the definition of seitan--I had no idea what it was--now I know why,
Carnivore Bill

Re: Pork Bellies Old Bay [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Quote:

I looked up the definition of seitan--I had no idea what it was--now I know why,
Carnivore Bill

BTW, when you quote a message, it only includes the main part of the message, and not the signature, so you would have to copy and paste the signature if you want that to show up.

The reference that Bill made was to my signature, which currently says, "A vegetarian is someone who worships Seitan."

For others who may not have made the connection, "seitan" is the Japanese word for gluten. Many vegetarians use gluten as a substitute for meat, and they often call it by the Japanese name. Since "seitan" sounds somewhat like "Satan," I made the play on words, declaring vegetarians as worshipers of Seitan, to show just how evil vegetarians can sometimes be in their arbitrary denunciation of meat.

Carnivore Rob
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Pork Bellies