Now I know we can't all cook gourmet every night and some nights are rushed. I stumbled on this recipe in my binder today and thought I'd pass it on. I've done it with chicken as well and then subbed a chicken flavored ramen package. I was really surprised at how good it was. My husband ate every bit of his.

Easy Asian Beef & Noodles

Ingredients
1 (8-ounce) rib-eye steak
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, divided
1 cup (1-inch) sliced green onions
2 cups prepackaged coleslaw
2 (2.8-ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodle soup
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce

Preparation
Trim fat from steak; cut diagonally across grain into thin slices. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove steak mixture from pan; keep warm. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil until hot. Add slaw; stir-fry 30 seconds. Remove slaw from pan; keep warm.

Remove noodles from packages; reserve 1 seasoning packet for another use. Add the water and remaining seasoning packet to pan; bring to a boil. Break noodles in half; add noodles to water mixture. Cook noodles 2 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in steak mixture, slaw, and soy sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.

Serves 2.

Fast Weeknight Meal Idea Trixxee Now I know we can't ...
Trixxee, you've made my day! My crowd would LOVE this! I now have dinner for Monday night! I think the boys can actually make this...I've got to work the fall carnival that night! I'd much prefer them to have this over take-out! THANKS!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea Gourmet_Mom Trixxee, you've made...
duly copied - sounds very good and fast.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea cjs duly copied - sounds...
Oh good - I love making someone's day!

Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea Trixxee Oh good - I love mak...
a gold star or two for your forehead!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea cjs a gold star or two f...
Trixxee, please see my last post on the "Review Hungarian Goulash."
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea bjcotton Trixxee, please see ...
Billy - you make me smile.
  Fast Weeknight Meal Idea Trixxee Now I know we can't ...
Frying prepared cole slaw???

Interesting...

I just wish my hubby would get over his "ewwies" about asian food.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea BarbaraS Frying prepared cole...
Barbara, just so you are clear, I am fairly sure it is not "prepared" coleslaw, with dressing. Just the shredded cabbage and carrots in the bag. But maybe Trixxee will clarify.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Fast Weeknight Meal Idea chef_Tab Barbara, just so you...
Was just coming to post. Yes - pre-shredded coleslaw mix. Nothing added to it. Or you could thinly slice your own cabbage if so inclined.
Fast Weeknight Meal Idea