Finally another 9 1/2!!!! We really enjoyed the parts I made of this dinner and I apologize for not getting the the zucchini and the salami hors made, I got the answer too late to include them. But will be making them. did not do the dessert either.

I made 1/2 the recipe and served it with spinach and a chanterelle fricassee (mentioned how good it was in another thread!!). It was a little difficult to get a little of each component in a bite, but oh so worth it. The earthiness of the Chanterelles was a perfect match with the beans, prosciutto and turkey.

And topping off the flavoris is the reduction of the combination of Marsala and Balsamic.

The only hiccup I found was the marsala sauce called for too much cornstarch I thought - I would have preferred a thinner glaze than what I got. But the flavor was spot on.

Had a Tobin James '06 Ballistic Zin - yum!!! (enought said )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Nov. 10th Dinner Review - Where is Everyone? cjs Finally another 9 1/...
I didn't read it...I swear! I've got to go to Southport today to help Mom. Since I didn't get to go to Wilmington last week, I didn't get some of the ingredients I needed. But I WILL be able to pick up what I need today.

THEREFORE, my review will be late...later tonight or tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Nov. 10th Dinner Review - Where is Everyone? Gourmet_Mom I didn't read it...I...
Oh read it, you may see some hints to go with....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Nov. 10th Dinner Review - Where is Everyone? cjs Oh read it, you may ...
With snow and what not, have not been to the big town to shop, but will tommorrow and will cook it up then. Can't wait.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Nov. 10th Dinner Review - Where is Everyone? farnfam With snow and what n...
I feel like a bum! I'm going to make the saltimbocca tonight. Hubby made the cheesecake over the weekend and it is very good, although the goat cheese gives it an unexpected flavor. My kids didn't like it much. I made the antipasto for my book club and the onions were a big hit. Was running out of time getting that together, so I ended up buying some ready made antipasto items from the deli. I'll be back later on the rest.

Re: Nov. 10th Dinner Review - Where is Everyone? HomeCulinarian I feel like a bum! ...
I feel so above you all.... especially since I flaked out on the last two dinner!!!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Nov. 10th Dinner Review - Where is Everyone? cjs I feel so above you ...
Got back home too late to do this (and need a couple more ingredients, anyway, since I want to make the Zucchini Rolls). Shall just be late, instead. Only doing the Sweet-and-Sour Onions and the Zucchini Rolls, anyway.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Nov. 10th Dinner Review - Where is Everyone? cjs Finally another 9 1/...
(hanging head in shame) I spent my day off doing laundry, making turkey stock and setting up my Christmas in the City village.

It all sounds so good, though!

PJ
PJ

Re: Nov. 10th Dinner Review - Where is Everyone? pjcooks (hanging head in sha...
Mine is on for tomorrow night! I got all my stuff today....not sure about getting the onions done, though.
Daphne

Re: Nov. 10th Dinner Review - Where is Everyone? Gourmet_Mom Mine is on for tomor...
Well, we finally had the review dinner! I did not do the dessert or the salad. I will do the salad at another time, I just didn't think it was needed with the greens in the entree.

The antipasto:

I know my cheeses may seem odd, but I didn't really have a lot to choose from other than the ordinary, so I tried to go with what I know we like. I picked up some Maytag, farmer's cheese, parm, and some brie. Then I went to the meat counter and got lucky. I got a hot Italian ham that tastes amazing, Mortadella, Sweet Cappa Colla, and Genoa Salami. Add to that, marinated artichoke hearts, the two marinated olives, and the sweet and sour onions. I baked some popcorn bread and served the Raspberry Wasabi mustard and some garlic oil.

Everybody LOVED it! The wine went nicely with everything, but I want to continue experimenting.

The entree:

Changes-
-I used spinach instead of Swiss Chard, just because.
-I forgot to thicken the sauce....DANG!

Recommendations-
-While I may have used a little too much sage in the beans, I will still reduce it next time.
-I WILL thicken the sauce next time.
-I will probably saute a little shallot and garlic before adding the greens next time. I just think they needed a litte something...that and a little nutmeg would have been nice.

I may make the entree again with the changes, but I will definitely make the antipasto again soon! I have enough "stuff" to do it again at least once in the near future. I'd give it an 9, but the antipasto carried the day.
Daphne
Nov. 10th Dinner Review - Where is Everyone?