Where are you - you haven't reported in since you made your cheese!! how did it go?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Laura - How Goes Your Cheesemaking??? cjs Where are you - you ...
Bumping this up so she doesn't miss it.

Re: Laura - How Goes Your Cheesemaking??? DFen911 Bumping this up so s...
where the heck is she? Out having too much fun??? Whoe does she think she is...

"Whoe" Ooops, see what a bottle of Schramsburg Cremant will do to a gal?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Laura - How Goes Your Cheesemaking??? cjs where the heck is sh...
The cheesemaking was wonderful! I had so much fun. I ended up getting 10 gal. of raw milk from a farmer. I only had 1 batch that really didn't turn out. Not sure why, but oh well.

We have made wonderful pizzas, lasagna, stuffed shells. It's been great and all the neighbors are so impressed!

I also (finally) got a foodsaver and what I did to preserve my cheese was this: I portioned 1/2 lb. balls of chees and placed each in a small plastic container. Then I poured over just enough whey from the cooking process just to cover. Then I froze these container overnight. Put them each in their own foodsaver and sucked the air out.

I have already thawed some of my frozen cheese and used it to make some C@H stuffed shells from last year's Holiday issue. I sliced the cheese and topped the shells, broiled it a bit. It melted beautifully! It was as perfect as the day I made it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Laura - How Goes Your Cheesemaking??? luvnit The cheesemaking was...
That's pretty much what I did also, Laura - freezing it. I think I have one lonely little ball left....

It is a blast, isn't it?
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Laura - How Goes Your Cheesemaking??? cjs That's pretty much w...
OH you guys !!! I so need to get busy with this. I have no idea what I did that took up the time I was going to do this til now. Duh
Okay, back to those cheesemaking websites. I think I saved them. Gosh, I miss my brain
Cis
Empress for Life
Laura - How Goes Your Cheesemaking???