I recommend a 40th anniversary to everyone - what a fun, relaxing four days. Now back to the retirement grind... sigh

Woke yesterday, our last full day to this -
[Image: CIMG2259.jpg]
But, got to say it's even more beautiful this a.m. but I'm too comfortable to move myself.

Bloody Marys and Bacon/Leek/clean the frig omelet
[Image: CIMG2264.jpg]

We had kind of an hors d'oeuvre dinner - this was really good - roasted (tossed with olive oil and rosemary) mushroom caps filled with goat cheese and sprinkled with rosemary flavored panko. Had a ball of pizza dough left, so made a focaccia. Had a bottle of Tobin James Silver Reserve '06 Lagrein.
[Image: CIMG2266.jpg]

Walk around a little and head home to get ready for Thanksgiving day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

O.K, Back To The Real World cjs I recommend a 40th a...
Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Only 28 more for us to go!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: O.K, Back To The Real World esgunn Sounds like a wonder...
Glad you had a good time....vacation endings are rough aren't they?

Re: O.K, Back To The Real World Skeetor Glad you had a good ...
It sound wonderful, you two!

Not only is the end to a vacation weekend rough, getting back to the regular grind is worse, not to mention...cleaning out the camper, washing linens and clothes.....Sorry Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: O.K, Back To The Real World Gourmet_Mom It sound wonderful, ...
You rotten person, bless your heart, I spent the last 7 days helping Sharon and Bob move. I didn't know 2 people could accummulate so much.....uh, uh, stuff. Yeah, that's it stuff!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
I hope we reach our 40th--you celebrated yours with style and culinery class--my and Jane's best to your next 40--we plan to spend at least a little of that time with you all and hopefully with some others on this absolutly glorious little chat line that just appeared and seems to be supernaturally nurtured. Wow, that was even heavy for me!! Love to all.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: O.K, Back To The Real World Old Bay I hope we reach our ...
How sweet and very insightful Bill! I hope I will be one of those people you get to share a meal with one day...soon!

Billy, if you "liked" that one...here's some more...LOL! Sorry Jean...I could not help myself...it's the ribs...I swear!

We had company for breakfast I thought of you while reading this post, Billy!

Hang on- You Too Will Be Retired One Day...
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
" I recommend a 40th anniversary to everyone "

We'll be so old by then, we probably won't even know our names!!! Glad you had a great time!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: O.K, Back To The Real World Lorraine " I recommend a 40th...
Jean Happy Anniversary! Wow 40 years....I have 17 more to catch up. I am hoping by then they'll come out with designer Depends
Jean that is beautiful! The sights and the breakfast. I'll bet that Bloody Mary tasted better with that view than ours did in the midst of an unpacking disaster!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
O.K, Back To The Real World