Hey gang,

Last year in one of the Cuisine at Home issues or maybe even one of the Holiday Menu books, there was a recipe for a Cranberry Sauce made with dried cherries and lime. I can't find which issue/book it was and I loved it so I want to make it again this year.

Does anyone have it handy?? Can you help a girl out???

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

HELP! Need Cranberry Sauce Recipe ASAP!!! Psyche Hey gang,[br][br]Las...
Just looked through the Holiday book, but it's not there - do you have any more hints? And if it's within the last 1 1/2 years, it's not in the archives. Darn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: HELP! Need Cranberry Sauce Recipe ASAP!!! cjs Just looked through ...
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

The http://www.cuisineathome.com/main/36-cs.htmlOnline Extras[/url] had the following, which isn't exactly it:

Quote:

Cranberry Sauce
Makes 2 1/2 Cups
Total Time 30 Minutes

Simmer Until Sugar Dissolves:
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 T. fresh lemon juice

Add, Simmer Until Thick:
1 12-oz. bag fresh cranberries
1/8 t. kosher salt

Off Heat, Stir in:
Zest of one orange
Zest of one lemon

Simmer sugar, water, orange juice, and lemon juice over high heat for 5 minutes. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves.

Add berries and salt. Reduce heat to medium and simmer. Foam will form as the berries pop.

Simmer until the sauce reaches a thickness and texture you like. (I prefer mine with a few whole berries). Sauce will thicken as it cools. Off heat, stir in the orange and lemon zests.

Here's one, from the Web, that could work:
Quote:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cranberry-Dried Fruit Sauce

Recipe By : Cairn Rodrigues
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Sauces Volume 2-2, Feb.'99
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 cup whole cranberries -- uncooked and
roughly chopped
1/2 cup chopped dried fruit (I used apples and
apricots)
8 strips candied lemon peel -- chopped, or less
1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
3/4 cup sugar -- approximately

In a medium saucepan combine all ingredients except the sugar. Stir it up
and add water to cover by about 1/2 inch. Add about half the sugar. Bring
to simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Taste and add sugar
if necessary. You don't want this sauce to be too sweet.

Simmer and stir about 1 1/2 hours, until the cranberries still have some
shape but are soft.

Cook's Notes: I didn't use exact amounts, so what's here is a guesstimate.
This is a forgiving recipe so play around with it a bit.

Finally, there's the following, from Bon Appétit:
Quote:

Cranberry and Tart-Cherry Compote

Ingredients

* 1 lime
* 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
* 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
* 1 cup dried tart cherries
* 1/2 cup dried cranberries (about 3 ounces)
* 1 cinnamon stick
* 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1 cup currant jelly (about one 10-ounce jar)
* Pinch of coarse kosher salt

Preparation

Grate 1 1/2 teaspoons peel from lime; set aside. Cut off all peel and white pith from lime. Working over bowl, cut between membranes to release lime segments.
Bring cranberry juice to boil in large saucepan. Add lime segments, fresh cranberries, and next 4 ingredients; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until mixture thickens, about 8 minutes. Add currant jelly. Simmer until jelly is melted, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lime peel and coarse salt. Transfer to small bowl. Cover; chill at least 4 hours. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 week ahead. Keep chilled.
Discard cinnamon stick before serving.

If you are still unable to find the one you mentioned, I hope one of those can be of help.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: HELP! Need Cranberry Sauce Recipe ASAP!!! labradors Hello, and welcome t...
Perfect!!!!! Thank you so, so much!!!!!!
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Happy Holidays!!!!

Re: HELP! Need Cranberry Sauce Recipe ASAP!!! Psyche Perfect!!!!! Thank y...
Glad to help. Which one was it?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: HELP! Need Cranberry Sauce Recipe ASAP!!! labradors Glad to help. Which...
I just made some cranberry sauce for practice and put fresh rosemary and crystalized ginger in it. Wow, it is my new favorite.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: HELP! Need Cranberry Sauce Recipe ASAP!!! chef_Tab I just made some cra...
I'm embarrassed, but will admit, that my family only likes the Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry sauce out of a can, sliced in circles. Wish I could adequately express in words the sucking sound it makes as the jellied cylinder releases from the can onto the serving plate.

[Image: jelliedsauce.jpg]

Re: HELP! Need Cranberry Sauce Recipe ASAP!!! HomeCulinarian I'm embarrassed, but...
Quote:

I'm embarrassed, but will admit, that my family only likes the Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry sauce out of a can, sliced in circles. Wish I could adequately express in words the sucking sound it makes as the jellied cylinder releases from the can onto the serving plate.

[Image: jelliedsauce.jpg]

Oh, it's the same here! I'm not even sure anyone eats it, but I have to slurp it out of the can, slice it up and serve in the very special dish reserved for cranberry sauce, I think it's more tradition and decor than anything else!

PJ
PJ

Re: HELP! Need Cranberry Sauce Recipe ASAP!!! pjcooks [blockquote]Quote:[h...
That is too funny! I just posted a thread on T-Day dinner menus and admitted the same thing....LOL! I saw Sandra Lee do something the other day using this stuff to make a congealed salad with "some" fresh ingredients. Since I don't think "they" eat it, I'm thinking of trying SL recipe this year.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: HELP! Need Cranberry Sauce Recipe ASAP!!! HomeCulinarian I'm embarrassed, but...
Don't be embarrassed HC, we all like the jellied kind!

For some reason, I decided to cook my own cranberries this year. Thanks for the recipes, Lab. They all sound good to me.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
HELP! Need Cranberry Sauce Recipe ASAP!!!