Ok so has anyone seen the new commercial with Alton Brown as the spokesman?

I LOVE Alton Brown. That being said, OMG he looks so creepy!! I actualy didn't recognize him at first, but rather recognized his voice.

I hate to say this...with the outfit he's wearing, his long shaggy hair and the extra pounds he just creeped me out. Folks at my office have even said "that guy looks like a pedophile!"

It seems to be the "band wagon" to hop on being a foodnetwork star. We have Rachel on just about everything, Tyler Florence at Applebees and Guy talking up Fridays.

But let's get someone to cut that hair and dress him.

Welch's Grape Juice and Alton Brown DFen911 Ok so has anyone see...
You should have seen him in culinary school with his pony tail at times!!! I'll try to find an old picture!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: Welch's Grape Juice and Alton Brown firechef You should have seen...
Okay, haven't seen that one, yet! At least now I'm prepared!

I don't understand all this FN promo stuff for these chains. It seems so demeaning. I guess everybody is "suffering" in this economy. GEEZ!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Welch's Grape Juice and Alton Brown Gourmet_Mom Okay, haven't seen t...
I agree! I love him, but my first impression was "GET A HAIRCUT!" Who tells these people they look good on camera!

Re: Welch's Grape Juice and Alton Brown iBcookin I agree! I love him,...
Bob keeps wishing Guy would grow up and get a real hair cut & color! We still like him, but geeze dude the hair doesn't freak me out - maybe a real haircut would!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Welch's Grape Juice and Alton Brown Harborwitch Bob keeps wishing Gu...
I've watched his show a couple of times, but he and it seems a little childish...I don't care for him.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Welch's Grape Juice and Alton Brown bjcotton I've watched his sho...
I heard the commercial in the background the other day (his voice is unique) but I didn't actually see it. Now I've got to see it!
Welch's Grape Juice and Alton Brown