Hi Friends!

Long time no visit. Haven't been doing much trolling on forums lately... been busy w/ website and life. Miss being around here though!

Just posted my 25 favorite cookie and candy recipes for the holidays on my blog. Thought you bakers might be interested in taking a peek (photos included).

Happy holiday baking... I'm already on my 6th batch for this year. All in the freezer... trying not to sneak cookies for sampling!
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"

Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes SDRecipeGirl Hi Friends![br][br]L...
Nice Lori, I read your blog regularly... don't comment...but stop by and read it.... thanks for the list of cookies... I am sure I will use a few of these for Christmas!
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985

Re: Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes bbally Nice Lori, I read yo...
How nice, thank you...

I'm thrilled to know that you read and enjoy!
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"

Re: Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes SDRecipeGirl How nice, thank you....
Quote:

How nice, thank you...

I'm thrilled to know that you read and enjoy!

Yep this is usually what they say about two weeks before they get the sheriff to deliver the Restraining order
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985

Re: Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes bbally [blockquote]Quote:[h...
AW, the chocolate chip didn't make the top ten list? The lemon ricotta made it though! YUM! They all look great Lori! I miss seeing you around. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure I'll be making at least a couple off the list, plus the chocolate chip recipe. If I didn't include that one, the neighbors would kick my off the street!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes SDRecipeGirl Hi Friends![br][br]L...
Cappuccino Flats Cookie Recipe

2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
2 C. flour
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1/2 C. plus 1 1/2 T. solid vegetable shortening (divided)
1/2 C. (1 stick) butter
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1 T. instant coffee
1 t. water
1 egg
1 1/2 C. semisweet chocolate chips
Heat unsweetened chocolate in microwave just until melted; cool slightly.
In separate bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon and salt. In large bowl, beat the 1/2 cup shortening and butter until softened. Add sugars and beat until fluffy. In separate bowl, dissolve coffee crystals in water.
Add coffee mixture, egg and melted chocolate to butter mixture and beat well. Gradually add flour mixture and combine thoroughly. Cover and chill in bowl about 1 hour. Shape into two 7-inch rolls, wrap with wax paper and chill several hours, or overnight.
Cut into 1/4-inch slices and place on un-greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm. Allow cookies to cool completely on baking rack.
Over low heat, melt chocolate chips and remaining 11/2 tablespoons shortening. Dip one half of each cookie into the chocolate sauce and placed on waxed paper until the chocolate has set. Makes about 50 cookies. Can be stored in the freezer.

Thumbs Up    Re: Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes sheeva Cappuccino Flats Coo...
Add cumin if you don't have! Cool
Favorite Christmas Cookie Recipes