Food Network has had a rocky season, but IMHO, they have made up for it with this special. Worth a look, if you haven't already seen it...at least, a look at the recipes online. I've already copied 2 meals...Guy's Fo-Sho Short Ribs with Balsamic (pomegranate) Glaze served with a Parsnip (Celery root) Puree and Giada's Spiced Pork Roast with Baked Zucchini Potato and Rosemary Pancake served with Salmon Cream Cheese. YUM!

OMG! YO JEAN! I missed this...Guy also made a cocktail called a Frosty Lemon Pie! It's made with Grey Goose Citron, agave nectar, Amarreto Disaronno, lemon and topped with a Lemon Zest Meringue.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Holiday Extravaganza Gourmet_Mom Food Network has had...
Oh my, does that sound good!!! Thanks Daphne, I'm off to see when it will be repeated.

"Baked Zucchini Potato and Rosemary Pancake served with Salmon Cream Cheese." - yum!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Holiday Extravaganza cjs Oh my, does that sou...
The cool thing about the pancake, she said her mother used to flip it, but sometimes it wound up on the floor. So she decided to finish it in the oven. I would have never thought of that!

I compare it to our cornbread...the crispy fried kind. My mother's side of the family always made it in patties and did it in the skillet on the stovetop. My father's side of the family started it on top of the stove and finished it in the oven...made in one big "pancake". I preferred the little patties....crispier. I'm thinking these would be the same...greasier, but hey! The pancake would make a better presentation and would be easier though, I'm sure.

One thing I do know...I intend to find out.

If I can slip some pomegranate juice in the buggy, I'm gonna try the ribs this week. The recipe is pretty basic for the braising except for starting with bacon. The biggest difference is you take them out of the liquid, strain the liquid to make a gravy, and use the "syrupy" glaze on the ribs. The gravy is used for the parsnip/celery root mashers/puree. The carrots, peppers, and cipollini onions are arranged around the ribs.
Daphne

Re: Holiday Extravaganza Gourmet_Mom The cool thing about...
Since this site has gotten so difficult to use, I thought I'd post the site with the recipes if anyone is interested. Jean, when I finally figured out how to search the shows, I found out it will air again Wednesday at 3am and 8pm and Saturday at 6pm, eastern time. I don't know how that translates for you guys, but hope this helps.
Daphne

Re: Holiday Extravaganza Gourmet_Mom Since this site has ...
Don't know how I missed this, but it's on now Jean! I hope you see this in time to catch it. The pancake is at the end of the show. Guy's doing the ribs now.
Daphne

Re: Holiday Extravaganza Gourmet_Mom Don't know how I mis...
I have it programed to to tape this afternoon at 2 p.m. our time. I'm anxious to see it. I bought some Pomegranate juice a while back and couldn't remember what I got it for...so will use it for these.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I have misplaced my December issue of Crusine At Home and need the receipe for Mushroom spanach empanodas. I made them last month and cannot find the issue. By chance do you have it? The receipe is on page 50. thanks cncw

Re: Holiday Extravaganza cncw I have misplaced my ...
Welcome cncw! I'll open a new thread for you and type it up. When you request a recipe, you will get better results starting a new thread. Just click Post at the top of the Cooking Forum list of threads. I'll be right back.
Daphne
Is Giada the Italian chef you all are always talking about? They had a cookbook at Costco by her. I didn't get it because I saw Ina Garten's "Basic's" which I got.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Holiday Extravaganza bjcotton Is Giada the Italian...
Yes Billy...one of the few I will watch on the network anymore.
Daphne
Holiday Extravaganza