I'd never heard of this dish until a friend gave me the recipe a while back. Made it last night and it's just delicious! He said I could grill or broil it, but since I really am not a fan of broiling, I bit the bullet....
[Image: SNOWGRILLING.jpg]
It ain't Phoenix out there...

Black Diamond Steak

1 flank steak
2 T. oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. vinegar
Sprinkle of garlic powder
1 1/2 tsps. ground ginger

Mix ingredients for the marinade. Score meat criss-cross on both sides Place meat in marinade; cover and refrigerate.

Marinate 8-10 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Grill or broil 6-8 minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing across the grain.

-----
Just a wonderful flavor - had some Mushroom Risotto leftover to Roy's dellight to go with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Black Diamond Steak cjs I'd never heard of t...
YUM! This is on the list...like tomorrow! Close enough to Korean Beef, but sounds a little sweeter...in a good way!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Black Diamond Steak Gourmet_Mom YUM! This is on the...
Oh, Jean, how dare you?! Now I am torn between this and the sugar coated steaks that Roy loves so. We limit beef intake here so I must decide on one.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
Gee that sounds good! Looks a bit chilly though.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Black Diamond Steak Harborwitch Gee that sounds good...
No chili Sharon, it gives Roy the winds
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Black Diamond Steak bjcotton No chili Sharon, it ...
If the winds ever die down I'll try this one! WRONG chili Billy!

Jean, it has warmed up to -2F and the wind chill is a balmy -17F...wanna come stoke the wood for the grill for me? You look dressed for it!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
Jean, the steak recipe looks wonderful and you look good doing it!!! By the way, I can tell you are not in Phoenix!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Black Diamond Steak Old Bay Jean, the steak reci...
Jean you look so cute all bundled up out there BBQ'ing

Re: Black Diamond Steak DFen911 Jean you look so cut...
This weather is just unbelievable! More snow last night - it has snowed, and heavily, for a week now! Not like the normal weather around here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Black Diamond Steak cjs This weather is just...
Kinda makes you wonder about that Global Warming thing...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
Black Diamond Steak