Well, I was on my way to work this morning and in blizzard conditions (it wasn't snowing but was zero viz due to blowing and drifting snow along with -42F wind chills) when I hit a three foot tall snow drift covering the entire road and went airborne spinning around and becoming stuck on the edge of a ditch deep in the middle of a four foot snow bank that kept me from flipping over. I destroyed the front bumper and did some damage to the suspension but other than that drove it home after dishing out nearly $300.00 for towing and a jump start. My ambulance trip, ER visit with neck CT, lumbar spin and shoulder x-rays and i.v. medicines are going to be pricey. I ended up with my arm in a sling but nothing is broken. Lots of compression the landing so everything is sore and will be for a few days. Feel really bad because it was Holly's brand new Trail Blazer.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

ot-just knew things were going TO good firechef Well, I was on my wa...
GEEZ! THE NEW CAR?!?!?!? At least you're okay...well, sorta! That coulda been REALLLY bad. WHEW! If you had been in your car, it would have probably been a lot worse...a WHOLE lot worse. Look at it that way. The Blazer probably saved your life. Regarding the expenses....that's what insurance is for.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: ot-just knew things were going TO good Gourmet_Mom GEEZ! THE NEW CAR?!...
Oh LJ I am so sorry!! But look at the bright side...that could have been SOOOO much worse. Cars can be fixed, lives...now that's a different story. I'm so glad you're still here with us

Re: ot-just knew things were going TO good DFen911 Oh LJ I am so sorry!...
Oh my, and at this time of year....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: ot-just knew things were going TO good cjs Oh my, and at this t...
Oh LJ, so sorry to hear that, but very glad you're mostly ok. I feel for Holly, tho' I had a similiar thing happen with a car I loved. Still, I know that all she reallly cares about is that you are ok, still here, still her love and still a dad for that cute little girl. Hope you can rest your bruises a bit, but probbly not likely this time of year. Sending hugs and thoughts of encouragement
Cis
Empress for Life
  ot-just knew things were going TO good firechef Well, I was on my wa...
Thank heavens you're okay! That's all that matters - I'm betting Holly is glad as he## that you were in her Trail Blazer! You'll be feeling like you got run over by a freight train in a few days - d@mn you're lucky!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: ot-just knew things were going TO good Harborwitch Thank heavens you're...
I'm glad you weren't seriously injured LJ! Now if that kid out in the field behind my house firing his rifle doesn't quit it might be another story for him!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: ot-just knew things were going TO good bjcotton I'm glad you weren't...
How you feeling buddy? I see you're on. I'd love for you to check out my Lobster thread....love your opinion, too.
Daphne

Re: ot-just knew things were going TO good Gourmet_Mom How you feeling budd...
Sore and stiff.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)

Re: ot-just knew things were going TO good firechef Sore and stiff....
Wish I could zap the jacuzzi up to you. Well, at least you'll get to enjoy...kinda...the holiday festivities. I'm assuming your out of work for a few days?
Daphne
ot-just knew things were going TO good