13 days late (but who's counting ) and we're are taking off this morning. Packed everything up and hooked up the truck yesterday and we're set to go. It even rained last night dissolving some more of the snow and ice.

Taking some old and new cookbooks with me to play along the way - and the new Cuisine.

Just want to say thanks to everyone for putting up with my whining for two weeks...what a crappy person I have been, but give me some sunshine and I should be back to normal soon or whatever passes for normal.

Taking the laptop with us, so will be checking in every morning as usual.

Madmax, Christmas is on it's way, Sweetie!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Believe It or Not!! cjs 13 days late (but wh...
WOOHOOO! FINALLY! Drive safely!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Believe It or Not!! Gourmet_Mom WOOHOOO! FINALLY! ...
Wonderful news! Have a great time and safe travels!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Believe It or Not!! Mare749 Wonderful news! Hav...
You are the brave one---hope the weather cooperates!!

Stay safe and have fun!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Believe It or Not!! cjs 13 days late (but wh...
Have a wonderful and safe trip, Jean! I'm hoping soon I can take some time and go somewhere, anywhere...

PJ
PJ

Re: Believe It or Not!! pjcooks Have a wonderful and...
Jean have a great trip!! Looks like the weather is gonna hold out for you for a while We might even hit the low 70's here

Re: Believe It or Not!! DFen911 Jean have a great tr...

Wow! what a season so far - glad you are on your way - guess you will be

missing all the Windy weather !!! Have a fun and safe trip -

See you

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.

Re: Believe It or Not!! mjkcooking [br]Wow! what a sea...
"We might even hit the low 70's here" OHHHHHH, does that make my heart sing, Denise!

We almost turned around...as we were leaving town there is a steep long "S" curve which is always shady. You know it, we went into a scarier-than-hell skid back and forth across the two lanes (and wide shoulder). Thank God those around us were able to back off until Roy got it under control. Then a dog came wandering down our lane of the highway, just ambling right along into us. Roy was able to get in the other lane when he realized the dog was not going to veer. The rest of the traveling day I kept thinking, oh what is going to be the third hair-raiser. But, except for getting stuck south of Portland in a horrendous accident (burned vehicles and all)for 1 1/2 hours, nothing more happened to us to make us rethink this decision to get on the road.

Whew!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Believe It or Not!! cjs "We might even hit t...
What a scary start! I hope today (and the remainder of the trip) goes better for you. Don't forget to post pics of exciting eats!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Believe It or Not!! cjs "We might even hit t...
Geeze that's scary stuff. I hate driving on icy roads, especially black ice at night.

We're expecting high 50's for a few days - that will be nice. We're getting ready to head to the back yard and start digging in the dirt. Time to plant bulbs for my iris and Asian Lillies, and get the roses and my little lime and kaffir lime in the ground. A gal we just met was telling me about her "sweet lime", which I think, is a Rangpur lime. She first tried them in India - and realized when she got home that the tree in her backyard was loaded with them.

Have a great trip and if you get further south holler!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Believe It or Not!!