Oh my, I could have spent the entire day in 'We Olive' shop here in Paso Robles. Pictures will tell you much better about the whole experience than I could ever express in mere words -

weolive.com

See?????? We just bellied up to the bar and grazed thru as many as we could.

Ended up buying a salad dressing/dipping oil - Gorgonzola and thyme flavored; a black olive jam (I'm afraid to open it, we'd probably eat the entire thing in one sitting!); and one of their many white balsamics - you can just sip straight from the bottle.

I joined their mailing list, so will probably be getting more goodies from them over time. (we're going back today or tomorrow!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! cjs Oh my, I could have ...
Mercy! William will be so envious! I can't wait to show him....I know, I'm a little perverse that way...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! cjs Oh my, I could have ...
Jean, bless your heart, we gave the website to Eric (Jane's son)--he is exploring franchising and opening one in Austin!!! It would be the seed to a cheese and meat market. Thanks!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! Old Bay Jean, bless your hea...
and here I sit in nowhereland, in the great white north. Without even a glimmer of hope that such a shop would be opened anywhere within a 100 miles of here.....sniff,whimper
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! farnfam [img]/ubbthreads/ima...
We have a WeOlive about 30 minutes away. It's amazing how many different varieties of olives there are

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! DFen911 We have a WeOlive ab...
I'm with Cis... slightly depressed and quite envious. Um, our local grocery has an olive bar. Guess I'll have to be content with that *sigh*
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! foodfiend I'm with Cis... slig...
Wow Jean, that's some kind of specialty food shop!!

There's a Wegmans that opened up near us. I go there for their Empire kosher chicken and turkey because they're awesome!!

They have a cheese section and a separate olive section that has everything you could hope for, but this store really takes the cake. OMG, an olive oil tasting bar.

What kind of balsamic vinegars did you taste?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! BarbaraS Wow Jean, that's som...
Wow! That is so awesome. I love the wedding favor idea. How great would that be? But, sadly, I am with Cis and Vicci, nothing even close to that here. The best I can do is World Market. Gosh, California sounds so wonderful.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! chef_Tab Wow! That is so awes...
I showed this to William and he was like..."so have you got your passport yet. If we do a loop to S. Cal. up the coast to Washington to Jean's, we may get a chance to go up into Canada." I'm not holding my breath, but he is really talking it up lately. I would love to drive out and visit along the way, but I'd be happy to fly to S. Cal. and rent a car and drive North!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! Gourmet_Mom I showed this to Wil...
WooHoo!! Well I for one would LOVE it!!
Found a Wonderful Little Shop!!