I first stuck this in the middle of another thread and I'm afraid it will get lost - so I'm giving it its own thread.

I developed this for the next book - and if anyone would like, I would love for any/all of you to try it and let me know what you think.
(and please be brutal in your testing)

Jammed Up Pork Chops

4 ea pork chops, bone in or boneless, 3/4" thick
8 oz jar of fruit/jalapeno jam (I used Black cherry/jalapeno)
1 T. Dijon Mustard
1/2 c beef stock or broth

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Flour and season the pork chops and brown in an oiled skillet over medium high heat until golden; turn over and saute 1 more minute.

While the chops are browning, mix together the jam, Dijon and the beef stock. Season with a little salt.

When chops have cooked for one minute on second side, remove the pan from heat and spoon the jam mixture over the chops; cover as completely as possible.

Cover the skillet and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or to an internal temperature of 145F.
------
Notes:
cj tips: if thicker chops are used, increase cooking time.

Check out side dishes to suggest: fennel, rice w/, something different

Description:
"I developed this Jan. 23, 09"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test cjs I first stuck this i...
I'll give this a try as soon as I get to the city. I want to wait and find the right jam that would appeal to us. I've not seen any "hot" jelly around here. Sounds good though!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test Gourmet_Mom I'll give this a try...
thanks, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test cjs thanks, Daphne....
These sound really good. I should get off my duff and walk over to the grocery and grab some pork chops. I think I have some rhubarb-jalapeno-raspberry jelly hanging out. Slurp! Drool. We will have these very soon.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test Harborwitch These sound really g...
Looks like a project to me!!! My kind of work!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test Old Bay Looks like a project...
thanks everyone and be sure and be tough with your reviews...with love, tho
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test cjs thanks everyone and ...
I;ll try to make it next week, we're a bit porked out right now. ( If that's possible).
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test Lorraine I;ll try to make it ...
Printed and in my to-do pile.....did you brine the chops first?? I'm sure I have a jam that will fit to this recipe....Thanks, Jean.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy

Re: Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test Roxanne 21 Printed and in my to...
Roxanne, you bring up a good point - I'm quite sure if someone has jam but not made with jalapenos, why not just add some slices/minced to any jam - and instant jalapeno/fruit jam!! I'm going to try that today - it would certainly be a nice option for someone without.

(P.S. to Sharon - I was "trying" to clean up a HUGE stack of printed out recipes and get in some kind of order and I found the copy of the cauliflower soup recipe you asked if I had gotten and I couldn't remember. So, yes you did indeed send it to me! )
www.achefsjourney.com
  Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test cjs I first stuck this i...
I'll definitely give this a try. Just bought a huge package of boneless chops at Costco and wanted something different. Sounds delicious.
Shannon
Jammed Up Pork Chops - Recipe to test