WOW - how did it get to be Friday already???? Where the heck is time going?

I'm going to play with salmon cakes, I think and I have some garlic-chipotle mashed tatoes leftover for some patties also. No salad makings left tho - Thank heavens Sunday is coming. Roy is really climbing the walls not having gone to the store for almost a week now. The grocery store probably thinks he's out of town.

What are you all up to - darn, Laura's having flan!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Dinner Tonight - Friday, 2/27? cjs WOW - how did it get...
Bacon-wrapped scallops, broiled, then glazed with teriyaki, and a mixed green salad with ginger dressing. Made a batch of pizzelle this morning, so that will be dessert with a cup of hazelnut decaf.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Dinner Tonight - Friday, 2/27? Mare749 Bacon-wrapped scallo...
I am making something new - Tilapia with Balsamic Butter Sauce and some type of potato dish. Sauteed asparagus too. I'm contemplating making that easy biscuit recipe that was posted here too.

Re: Dinner Tonight - Friday, 2/27? Trixxee I am making somethin...
I am going to make hoagies with the lechon asado. Saute some onion, peppers, and mushrooms, add some provolone and bake in the oven. I am drooling at the thought.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Dinner Tonight - Friday, 2/27? chef_Tab I am going to make h...
Well since William wanted seafood for dinner last night, we're having the Grilled Buttermilk Chicken with Sharon's Potato Salad and green beans tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Dinner Tonight - Friday, 2/27? Gourmet_Mom Well since William w...
Chinese take-out for me!

But I can't decide what!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Dinner Tonight - Friday, 2/27? BarbaraS Chinese take-out for...
Quote:

Chinese take-out for me!

But I can't decide what!

Barbara

If it were me, I'd get moo shu duck and pork fried rice. And maybe some wor wonton soup....

That sounds so good right now. We may have to break our self imposed rule of cutting spending and get takeout next week!
  Re: Dinner Tonight - Friday, 2/27? chef_Tab I am going to make h...
Quote:

I am going to make hoagies with the lechon asado. Saute some onion, peppers, and mushrooms, add some provolone and bake in the oven. I am drooling at the thought.

Sounds yummy, but why not press the sandwiches, instead of baking them? Could be your own type of Cuban sandwich.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Dinner Tonight - Friday, 2/27? labradors [blockquote]Quote:[h...
well, Rob, to be fair, I have never tried a cuban sandwich, but I really do not like paninis. I am also not too fond of grilled sandwiches. As it turned out, I split a french baguette, piled on the lechon asado, then added the sauteed onion, pepper, and mushroom, topped it all with provolone. Then I placed these mountainous sandwiches in the oven for a bit. We had to eat them open faced because they were so big. I don't think pressing them would have been an option with the bread I bought!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Dinner Tonight - Friday, 2/27? chef_Tab well, Rob, to be fai...
No problem. If that's not your style, that's not your style. Would still be a good idea. What you did make still sounds delicious, and you can't go wrong with the Lechon Asado. I really need to make that again, soon.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Dinner Tonight - Friday, 2/27?