I guess I just missed Jean with this question. I haven't made her flan yet, I didn't have an ingredient I needed. Now I do, so I will make it today or tomorrow.

My question is: Do you eat flan cold, warm or hot?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Flan Question luvnit I guess I just misse...
Laura, alls I know is when we've had it in Mexico it's mostly been room temp. I guess so the carmelly stuff stays liquidy.
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Flan Question farnfam Laura, alls I know i...
Makes sense. Didn't think of that. Okay.
Laura

Re: Flan Question luvnit Makes sense. Didn't ...
The answer to your question Laura is, Yes!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Flan Question bjcotton The answer to your q...
Great Billy. I didn't know if I had to serve this right away, hot out of the oven, or if it could/should wait to be served at a different temp.

Now I know... All of the above!
Laura

Re: Flan Question luvnit Great Billy. I didn'...
uh, at the bottom of the recipe it says -

"Remove to wire racks to cool for 30 min.; chill for several hours or overnight. To serve, run small spatula around edges of cups; gently shake flans to loosen. Invert onto serving dishes to serve."

do the same with one large one. If you run a knife around the edge, cover with a plate and invert, all the wonderful carmely goop will be like a frosting for the pie. Serve and eat it cold, well not ice cold, but not warmed at all.

You didn't miss me, Laura - I was working on Bill's dinner menu - boy did he pick a wordy one!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Flan Question cjs uh, at the bottom of...
I don't know about Mexican flan, but Cuban flan is stored in the refrigerator. The caramel is still liquid. You can have it at room temp, but I prefer mine a bit colder. You would never have it warm. I think it improves after a day in the fridge.

Re: Flan Question Cubangirl I don't know about M...
I do too - cuban girl.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Flan Question