I was afraid this would get lost - and I'd never find it again....
[Image: Papplecrisp.jpg]
it's in the oven right now and oh my, does it ever smell delicious! My Aunt keeps the food section from her newspaper for me and this came from the Everett Herald and looked so good, had to cut it out.

I've had all kinds of crisps over the years, but never a pineapple one - wow.

* Exported from MasterCook *

PINEAPPLE CRISP - Everett Herald

1 large pineapple -- peeled, quartered, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon quick cooking tapioca
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cold butter -- (1 stick) cut into small pieces

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a deep, 2-quart baking dish, combine the pineapple, sugar and tapioca, tossing to mix well.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and flour. Add the butter and use a pastry blender or butter knives to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it forms a crumbly mix.

Sprinkle the butter and flour mixture over the pineapple.

Bake for 40 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly and the top is browned and crisp. Cool on a wire rack.

Makes 8 servings.

From West Congregational Church's "175 Years and Still Cooking"

----

the only thing I'd do differently is cut the chunks a little smaller. Gee, this is good.

Took the tip that was in this issue about melting ice cream and using for a sauce. Added a little rum to it and it's very good! What a neat idea - from Casey Kodavy, Chandler, AZ
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Pineapple Crisp cjs I was afraid this wo...
Jean, too funny! I was just going to look for that recipe, but could not remember which thread it was buried in. I did a search and simultaneously, this popped up! You read my mind. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Pineapple Crisp chef_Tab Jean, too funny! I w...
it sure is good, Theresa.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Pineapple Crisp cjs it sure is good, The...
What a wonderful thing to do with a pineapple!!!
I think Food Network should do a "Battle Pineapple" on Iron Chef--it is so versatile!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Pineapple Crisp Old Bay What a wonderful thi...
Oh, wouldn't that be a fun one??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Pineapple Crisp cjs I was afraid this wo...
Jean,

The quick cooking tapioca is what? A powder I should find in the Jello/Puddings section?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Pineapple Crisp BarbaraS Jean,[br][br]The qui...
I find my tapioca in the baking aisle near the corn starch and flour.

I called one of my neighbors about this recipe and he's coming over tomorrow to have it. He's bringing the Pineapple Martinis to go with it! (He's a liquor/wine distributor. And a wonderful neighbor to know on Sunday!)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Pineapple Crisp luvnit I find my tapioca in...
Duly noted, Laura!! I'll check both places! Acme really lacks in placing products in a logical kind of way.

The one I frequent has quite the collection of specialty oils - grapeseed, coconut, hazelnut, and even black and white truffle oils! A couple of weeks ago, I noticed they "lost" their truffle oil stock along with the coconut oil. Turns out, the management decided to place those oils in a totally different area! WHY? If I'm looking for a specialty oil, they should all be grouped in one section. I'm not traipsing all over the store for one item!!

Don't even get me started about how they stock tomato products two aisles away from the pasta products and sauces.

The Good Lord help me (and everyone else for that matter) if I ever get a job as a food store manager!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Pineapple Crisp BarbaraS Duly noted, Laura!! ...
Believe it or not, Barbara, I found my instant Tapioca in the Mexican food aisle! Good luck!

Mine's in the cabinet, ready and waiting for me to make this AND the chocolate thing Jean posted a while back. Sadly, since I don't make dessert very often, and I have a carrot cake in my near future, this will have to wait.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Pineapple Crisp Gourmet_Mom Believe it or not, B...
"Pineapple Martinis"???????? Hello? You 'will' post how to make them, right Laura???

"AND the chocolate thing" - Man, I miss my mind -what chocolate thing?
www.achefsjourney.com
Pineapple Crisp