Too good to be true?

Quote:

It may be a hoax, a sly artistic commentary, a vanity project or simply the greatest thing ever known to man.

A Harvard professor has come up with what he calls "Le Whif" — inhalable chocolate with zero calories.

"Over the centuries we've been eating smaller and smaller quantities at shorter and shorter intervals," says Edwards on the product's official Web site. "It seemed to us that eating was tending toward breathing, so, with a mix of culinary art and aerosol science, we've helped move eating habits to their logical conclusion. We call it whiffing."

Each Le Whif dispenser — a box of 24 will cost 40 euro, or about $53 — looks like a blend of an asthma inhaler, a tube of lipstick and a shotgun shell.

You can buy them for 1.80 euro apiece, about $2.40, at "Le Laboratoire," Edwards' shop/consultancy/club/"art and science innovation center" located smack-dab in the middle of Paris, where Edwards spends part of the year.

A video of randomly stylish people trying it Le Whif on the Parisian streets makes one think of "one-hit wonder" marijuana pipes, though with presumably milder effects.

Le Whif comes in "four luscious flavors: mint chocolate, raspberry chocolate, mango chocolate, and plain chocolate," and will be introduced at a gala party in Paris on April 29, followed by 10 days at the Cannes Film Festival and then later a "surprising" appearance in Chicago.

To make things even more bewildering, Edwards, whose Harvard Web page describes him as the "Gordon McKay Professor of the Practice of Biomedical Engineering," has a graphic novel coming out, written under a pseudonym, illustrated by a Japanese manga artist and entitled simply "Whiff."

(Source: FoxNews; LeWhif)
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Harvard Professor Develops Inhalable Chocolate labradors Too good to be true?...
I have been accused of inhaling chocolate, but I am pretty sure there were some calories involved.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Harvard Professor Develops Inhalable Chocolate chef_Tab I have been accused ...
hmmm, seems to be the ultimate in messing with my chocolate.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Harvard Professor Develops Inhalable Chocolate cjs hmmm, seems to be th...
Can't imagine it would satisfy the creamy mouth feel that is part of experiencing good chocolate...

Re: Harvard Professor Develops Inhalable Chocolate HomeCulinarian Can't imagine it wou...
Lol this was on my local news last night

Re: Harvard Professor Develops Inhalable Chocolate DFen911 Lol this was on my l...
Ummmm...quick question...what is the difference between this and walking into a room where someone sprayed Glade apple pie air freshener or something??? Same concept at least remotely the same concept I would think??? No if the article said Chef Heston Blumenthal had developed Inhalable Chocolate then I might be a bit more interested...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
Harvard Professor Develops Inhalable Chocolate