We had a fun, but physically exhausting day yesterday. We hiked up to Evergreen Lake and landed these troutsies!

[Image: evergreentroutsies0003.jpg]

[Image: evergreentroutsies0005.jpg]
Tonight they are going to be planked on the grill, buttered and wrapped in bacon! YUM
Cis
Empress for Life

Troutsies!! farnfam We had a fun, but ph...
Well for heaven's sake Sweetie, those look delish. You actually WALKED somewhere for FISH? Well geez!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: Troutsies!! bjcotton Well for heaven's sa...
Oh man, Cis, not much makes me envious, but those???? I'm just as green-eyed as I can be!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Troutsies!! cjs Oh man, Cis, not muc...
Those look delicious Cis!!!!! I remember when we lived in Boone during college. During the summer months, they would stock the streams on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We had an inside line when they had stocked the streams. When we got the word, we'd load up some beer and charcoal and go fly fishing. We'd gut and grill the fish right in the park! What a blast those days were!!!!!!!

Well, ours aren't trout, and they're not as large, but I have a post planned for this weekend of fishing off the pier. The guys are out there now. We throw them back unless we have a fish fry planned!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Troutsies!! Gourmet_Mom Those look delicious...
How yummy, Cis. I am so envious. Nothing like fresh caught fish. Did Lola go with you? What did she wear? haha.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Troutsies!! chef_Tab How yummy, Cis. I am...
Nice catch! Sounds like a fabulous meal tonight! Why did you have to hike to a lake? Must be awfully remote. Did you take some pics? Oh, and what about Lola? Did she along?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Troutsies!! Mare749 Nice catch! Sounds ...
Evergreen Lake really is a remote one, you have to canoe over to the place where the hike starts. And the "trail"(about a mile up) is a hundred year old logging road, that basically is no more. This year we wound up scrambling around some huge trees that had blown down as well.
Of course Lola came along, she wore her life jacket in the canoe. She did the hike with "naked" paws cuz James doesn't think she needs hiking boots
She's really very fox like and sure footed on the trail, unexpected for such a frilly little dog.
Maybe I'll buy her a cute little pink backpack
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Troutsies!! farnfam Evergreen Lake reall...
Wow Cis that is just too cool! I can't wait to hear how they came out. It's been years since I had fresh caught trout. Makes my mouth water

Re: Troutsies!! DFen911 Wow Cis that is just...
Just thought you all might like to see them prepped and planked for the grill.
OMG, they were sooo good! We did give Lola a little bit too.

[Image: 0066.jpg]

Re: Troutsies!! farnfam Just thought you all...
I thought I was envious before....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Troutsies!!