Why on earth do I have such a difficult time remembering to read recipes in advance to make sure that I understand everything??? Geez!

Anyway, regarding the Sweet & Sour Scallops from Maryann's birthday menu. I'm all set to make this for dinner tonight and cannot figure out if the recipe is for 4 or 6 servings. If a recipe is for 6, I'll usually halve it (DH thinks that all portion sizes are too small!), but if it's for four, I'll just decrease it a bit.

Does anyone have any idea?

It looks as though the sauce recipe will make 2/3 cup, and there will be 24 ounces of scallops, 1-1/2 cups fresh pineapple, 1 cup red bell pepper strips, 1 cup snow peas. Okay, I'm thinking that it is 6 servings. If anybody knows that it's any different, I'll check back before starting. I'm using frozen bay scallops, and they'll be quick to thaw in cold water.

You all have an hour!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Quick Help! Sweet and Sour Scallops recipe... foodfiend Why on earth do I ha...
Vicci,I have not made this and won't be much help other than to add my best guess. Sounds like 6 servings to me too. Hope someone "in the know" comes along to help you out! Good luck, and have a Happy Mothers Day tomorrow!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Quick Help! Sweet and Sour Scallops recipe... chef_Tab Vicci,I have not mad...
Vicci, probbly too late, but I only decreased it a little for the two of us and it was just right.

btw don't forget to taste the hot sauce before you add it all, it was quite HOT
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Quick Help! Sweet and Sour Scallops recipe... farnfam Vicci, probbly too l...
THANKS!

Theresa, and a Happy Mother's Day to you, too! Jack and Spooky served me breakfast in bed last year, so we'll see what tomorrow brings...

Cis, no you're not too late (we eat dinner around 7, usuallly), and I will follow your advice to decrease it a little. And watch out for the hot sauce!

Off to make dinner...
Vicci

my cooking adventures

Re: Quick Help! Sweet and Sour Scallops recipe... foodfiend THANKS! [br][br]The...
Really late from this corner - but it doesn't say in the book, just that it makes 5 cups...that really helps.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Quick Help! Sweet and Sour Scallops recipe... cjs Really late from thi...
But - in the nutritional info it says a serving size is
1 1/4 cups. SO that would be 4 servings.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Quick Help! Sweet and Sour Scallops recipe... esgunn But - in the nutriti...
Well, I decreased the measurements a little and it worked out just fine. Holy cow, though, even decreasing the hot sauce drastically made it spicy!

Thanks for your input, guys!
Vicci

my cooking adventures

Re: Quick Help! Sweet and Sour Scallops recipe... foodfiend Well, I decreased th...
Can anyone tell me which book this recipe is from? I know I have it here somewhere but if I can get out of looking threw 20 books I would be grateful!

Re: Quick Help! Sweet and Sour Scallops recipe... Trixxee Can anyone tell me w...
Sorry, I just saw this. I hope I'm not too late. It's in Cuisine Tonight Vol. 2.

Here's the thread about it with the recipe.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post46644
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Quick Help! Sweet and Sour Scallops recipe... Gourmet_Mom Sorry, I just saw th...
Oh you are good Daphne! I looked at that book a half an hour ago and because the index is so bizarre (it lists things by cooking time versus chicken, seafood, etc) I completely missed it.

Thank you very much!
Quick Help! Sweet and Sour Scallops recipe...