We head to the lake house tomorrow (I hope, if I can get everything done) until Tuesday. Friends are coming over on Saturday evening for dinner, and if it's nice on Monday we will join them on their boat for a trip to a remote part of the river and hang out at a nice, beachy area (away from those annoying crowds) all day. In between eating and drinking, we plan to do some outside work on Sunday. Or not. I bought a case of ripe mangos today to make daiquiris...

What's up with you all?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

So, what's everyone doing for the Holiday weekend? foodfiend We head to the lake ...
I hadn't really planned on doing anything particular this weekend. Paul will be home (he is now) through Monday.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: So, what's everyone doing for the Holiday weekend? bjcotton I hadn't really plan...
We aren't doing anything special - still finishing up the greenhouse. But the weather is supposed to be great for the next week or so, so lots of grilling. Maybe even throw in a dessert one of the nights.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: So, what's everyone doing for the Holiday weekend? cjs We aren't doing anyt...
haven't planned anything, it's supposed to rain all weekend. Good time to turn the spare room into a bedroom.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: So, what's everyone doing for the Holiday weekend? Lorraine haven't planned anyt...
We are not doing anything special. Steve left early this morning to go Halibut fishing. )Jean somewhere up your way. They have to drive around on Hwy 101) He will be home Sat or Sun. We have been invited to a B-day party, and a picnic on Monday. The weather is supposed to be great. Will do some grilling.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: So, what's everyone doing for the Holiday weekend? esgunn We are not doing any...
Quote:

Halibut fishing

The Weeknight Menus issue has a great recipe for Prosciutto Frizzled Fish that I used halibut in. Have fun!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: So, what's everyone doing for the Holiday weekend? Lorraine [blockquote]Quote:[...
Well, I hope he waves at us - tell me the make of the truck so we'll know who to hijack for some halibut... (just kidding, I think. )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: So, what's everyone doing for the Holiday weekend? cjs Well, I hope he wave...
Not very much. There are 3 LA Dodgers/LA Angels games to be watched on TV, tomorrow night going out to dinner with my sister to PF Chang's then dropping her and her husband off to see a Fleetwood Mac concert nearby. I'm sure there is at least one LA Laker game on (blah - hate basketball). We have a couple of movies to watch - Valkyrie & Paul Blart Mall Cop (the boys in the family asked for this).

Grill tonight (chicken spedini), grill shrimp Sunday, grill focaccia/olive tapenade burgers on Monday. At least I've got the food pinned down!
  Re: So, what's everyone doing for the Holiday weekend? Lorraine [blockquote]Quote:[...
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

Halibut fishing

The Weeknight Menus issue has a great recipe for Prosciutto Frizzled Fish that I used halibut in. Have fun!

[/blockquote]It is a great recipe, one of our favorites. I'm sure it will taste better with fresh halibut!

Re: So, what's everyone doing for the Holiday weekend? HomeCulinarian [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Nothing much, just working on the deck. I can't wait til it's finished. Jame does good work
Cis
Empress for Life
So, what's everyone doing for the Holiday weekend?