Had some puff pastry stuck in the back of the freezer (almost a year old), so defrosted it and made these. They are so easy and so good. Plus, what a nice 'holder' for savory or sweet fillings. I'll certainly be doing this with puff pastry again! An old BH&G recipe, I think

* Exported from MasterCook *

Lemon-Pistachio Bites

1/2 a 17.3-ounce package frozen puff pastry (1 sheet)
1/3 cup purchased lemon curd
1/4 cup purchased creme fraiche
1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
1 tablespoon finely chopped pistachios

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Thaw and unfold puff pastry according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F

2. Using a fluted pastry wheel or a sharp knife, cut puff pastry sheet crosswise into sixths, then lengthwise into sixths to make thirty-six 1-1/4-inch squares. Place squares 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.

3. Bake pastry squares in preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Remove pastry shells from baking sheet and cool completely on a wire rack. Using a melon baller or round 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon, hollow out a small circle in the center of each cooled pastry shell, leaving the bottom of the shell intact.

4. In a small bowl, combine lemon curd, cr?me fraiche, and lemon peel. Just before serving, transfer lemon curd mixture to a small resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and snip off a small corner. Pipe about 3/4 teaspoon filling into each pastry shell. Sprinkle chopped pistachios over filled pastries.

5. Makes 36 mini pastries

6. Make ahead tips: Make pastry shells through Step 3. Place shells in a covered storage container and store at room temperature for 24 hours or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before filling. Store filling, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before assembling.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They are cute little bites too!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Easy, Fast, Delicious - Lemon-Pistachio Bites cjs Had some puff pastry...
Great recipe, jean, and a great way of making small containers for fillings. OT We're doing appetizers in a few weeks for 300, and one of them is a mini tart with a mascarpone (or something ) fililng. I've been trying different doughs in my individual tart pans and haven't had much luck. This sounds like a great base for them. Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Easy, Fast, Delicious - Lemon-Pistachio Bites Lorraine Great recipe, jean, ...
I still have not tackled puff pastry. With summer coming on, I must make a list this time of things to try...Easter, I had a devil of a time remembering....I miss my mind.

Anyway, this and dim sum are on the top of the list. Lemon, pistachios, and summertime...perfect! Thanks Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Easy, Fast, Delicious - Lemon-Pistachio Bites Gourmet_Mom I still have not tac...
Here's a picture of them - Lorraine, the puff pastry 'cups' would be so great for catering. so darn easy and fast. One thing I did learn tho, is to cut the cup part out as soon as they are cool. I waited until the next day for some of them and they were more likely to shatter then, but not doing them the same day.

[Image: Lemon-PistachioBites.jpg]

And the others I made a couple days ago - can't remember if I posted about them before.

Ricotta Cups
[Image: ChocRicottaCups.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Easy, Fast, Delicious - Lemon-Pistachio Bites cjs Here's a picture of ...
Wow, both look sooo good! Are those little chocolate cups?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Easy, Fast, Delicious - Lemon-Pistachio Bites cjs Here's a picture of ...
Quote:

so darn easy and fast.

That's what I was thinking, Jean, especially if I have to make a few hundred of them. Great pictures. Thanks.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Easy, Fast, Delicious - Lemon-Pistachio Bites Lorraine [blockquote]Quote:[...
yes, Belgian dark chocolate cups - they are so decadent!!

Because they are sometimes hard to find, I'm going to try the filling in the puff pastry squares and see how that works.

We have friends coming tomorrow (Wed) night to stay until Friday to help celebrate my B'day, so I'm going to be able to really play for a few days. Just making my list now.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Easy, Fast, Delicious - Lemon-Pistachio Bites cjs yes, Belgian dark ch...
Well, we can't travel across the country right now, but we sure can help you celebrate your B-day...
Maryann

Re: Easy, Fast, Delicious - Lemon-Pistachio Bites Mare749 Well, we can't trave...
Oh c'mon - you got together with Cis....don't play favorites!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Easy, Fast, Delicious - Lemon-Pistachio Bites cjs Oh c'mon - you got t...
Oh, and that was so much fun! I'm hoping in September to meet up with Daphne in Myrtle Beach and there is a chance that Lorraine may be going at that time as well. Maybe it's time to plan an east coast vacation, Jean?

P.S. I soooo hope to make it to the west coast one day. It's my dream to cover the entire coastline.
Maryann

Easy, Fast, Delicious - Lemon-Pistachio Bites