I have, silly me, promised a root beer float cake for my oldest granddaughter's birthday/graduation party. It calls for a bundt pan and all I can find is an angel food cake pan and two 9" round pans. Can I do it in the angel food cake pan??? The 9" cake pans???? Maybe I could call Joan and see if she's got a bundt pan ?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

The bundt pan got lost in the move?????? Harborwitch I have, silly me, pr...
Sorry can't help, but I thought you might like to look at this. Food for thought?

http://palachinka.blogspot.com/2009/05/c...undts.html
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: The bundt pan got lost in the move?????? farnfam Sorry can't help, bu...
"It calls for a bundt pan and all I can find is an angel food cake pan and two 9" round pans."

8" tube takes 12-14 oz. batter
10" tube takes 24-32 oz.

8" round takes high fat batter 14-18 oz.
10" round takes high fat batter 24-28 oz.

8" round takes foam-type batter 10oz.
10" round takes foam-type batter 16 oz.

Does this help you at all?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: The bundt pan got lost in the move?????? cjs "It calls for a bund...
Thank you - I think the tube pan might work. I really want to get this done before it gets hot. I've still got to get the latest batch of bacon in for a second smoke too. Sheesh. Only going to be 94 today! Ick.

Re: The bundt pan got lost in the move?????? Harborwitch Thank you - I think ...
YIKES! That hot already, huh? It's really warm for this time of year this week also...doesn't look good for summer....UGH! I can't wait to see how Lorraine takes to this full time hot weather...LOL!

How did it turn out? I would have suggested the tube pan.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: The bundt pan got lost in the move?????? farnfam Sorry can't help, bu...
Aren't those darling! I am really ticked because I looked at a beautiful rose shaped bundt pan Saturday on sale and didn't buy it! Dummy that i am.

I may go try digging in the garage again - before it gets so hot that I just say nasty words and give it up.
  The bundt pan got lost in the move?????? Harborwitch I have, silly me, pr...
Probably too late, but just saw this. Is your tube a 2 piece? You could have a leaky pan if your batter is thinner, like a regular cake batter. If it's a one piece, I'd go ahead and use it.

Hope all came out well! Tell me more about your brown cow cake

PJ
PJ

Re: The bundt pan got lost in the move?????? pjcooks Probably too late, b...
It's a 2 piece, yes it leaked a bit - not much but it looks good and smells good. Thanks all for your help! I have got to get out in the garage and find the rest of my kitchen - of course it's so hot out there I want no part of that project!

Re: The bundt pan got lost in the move?????? Harborwitch It's a 2 piece, yes ...
Well my dear, if you can hold off until I get down there again, we can make that our one and only project.

By the way, I got my Pink Salt today. Will take the pork belly out of the freezer and prep for BACON!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: The bundt pan got lost in the move?????? bjcotton Well my dear, if you...
I found mine at the Salvation Army for $.75. It was in good shape and one of the heavy ones.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
The bundt pan got lost in the move??????