I made the flank steak skewers with chimichurri and the charred corn salad tonight. It was excellent! This would be another good menu for summer entertaining because the chimichurri and charred corn salad could be made ahead. The flank steak is tossed with lime juice, vegetable oil and spices, so not sure how much ahead this should be made, probably only an hour or so. Meat cooks on a hot grill for 4 minutes; rest for 5, then serve. We also had a mixed green salad from our garden with a yogurt ranch. I really rather dread most no-fat/lowfat salad dressings, and the nice part was the freshness of the greens really came through. I'm thinking this menu would be great with a gazpacho first course. We've gotten a little more into wines recently, so I looked on line for a wine pairing and the consistent recommendation was for a zinfandel, but we had a Roija Tempernillo with it because we really liked this wine with a steak dinner last week. Should have opened a Zin...

Flank Steak Skewers with Chimichurri (Grilling II) HomeCulinarian I made the flank ste...
Jeanette, thanks for doing the review. I have both grilling cookbooks and have not disliked one recipe yet! It seems like we get by on less meat when I cut it and skewer it as well. We already had our alotted beef this week, I will have to make a note to try this next week.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Flank Steak Skewers with Chimichurri (Grilling II) chef_Tab Jeanette, thanks for...
Sounds very good - guess I'd better think about getting this book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Flank Steak Skewers with Chimichurri (Grilling II) cjs Sounds very good - g...
Ok, Jeanette, I looked in both my grilling cookbooks and cannot find this recipe. What is on the front cover? Are there 3 grilling cookbooks?
Theresa

Re: Flank Steak Skewers with Chimichurri (Grilling II) chef_Tab Ok, Jeanette, I look...
Theresa, it's the Grilling Book that came out a couple of months ago. There's a Five-Spice Glazed Chicken with Plum Salsa on the cover...page 81.

Thanks for the review Jeanette! I've marked that one...sounds and looks right up my alley! I did not originally mark that since the flank looked much like one from before. I didn't even notice the salsa...that sounds YUMMY! Like Theresa said, I like doing skewers, because we eat less meat that way, also...especially with a nice fresh side like that!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Flank Steak Skewers with Chimichurri (Grilling II) Gourmet_Mom Theresa, it's the Gr...
Aha! That explains it. I have two of the grilling books, but neither has chicken on the front.
Thanks for clarifying, Daphne.
Theresa

Re: Flank Steak Skewers with Chimichurri (Grilling II) cjs Sounds very good - g...
Quote:

guess I'd better think about getting this book

Me too. Thanks for the review.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Flank Steak Skewers with Chimichurri (Grilling II) Lorraine [blockquote]Quote:[...
We had this Wednesday night. I just wish the beef had been more tender. The store didn't have flank, so I got a piece they had labeled Western Grill. I won't make that mistake again. The corn salad is a must do over.

[Image: DSC01373.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Flank Steak Skewers with Chimichurri (Grilling II)