I made the Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles from Cuisine Tonight for dinner today. I had cooked the grillades a couple of days ago, but ended up not having them, so I refrigerated it and reheated it in the microwave tonight. I used part of a sirloin tip roast from Costco which I had divided into 3 meals (4 steaks, 1 lb for the grillades and 2 1/2 for CI's beef stroganoff), trimmed, used a jackard to tenderize the meat, foodsavered and frozen. I used some red bells I had foodsaveed and frozen, slicing them while still frozen, then left on a paper towel to absorb any extra wetness while I browned the meat. Used the spices in the recipe (all Penzeys). It reheated beautifully and DH loved it. Though, I thought it had a bit too much residual heat for me and next time I'll do 1/4 tsps each of the black pepper and cayenne, I still enjoyed it, gave it 4 out of 5 stars.
The cheese noodles they suggested as a side were wonderful and so quick and easy (5 stars). I used TJ's tri-color egg ribbon pasta and regular pre-shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (pepper jack would have made it even hotter). Rather than just tossing everything in a bowl, I browned the butter in a large sauté pan, then added the noodles, a bit of the salted pasta water and the cheese. It was really good. I will be making this again soon. Having had the meat done, dinner was on the table in less than 15 minutes. We had my favorite cucumber/vidalia/fresh dill salad with the meal. Thanks C@H.

Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles Cubangirl I made the Steak Gri...
Haven't made this one - sure sounds good and a fast one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles cjs Haven't made this on...
Sounds good... Nice review and efficient use of your ingredients

Re: Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles HomeCulinarian Sounds good... Nice ...
That sounds really good. Thanks for the review.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles Lorraine That sounds really g...
I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the review.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Steak Grillades and Cheese Noodles