What's everyone doing for Father's day?? Special menu? I ask Roy what he wants, but he can never think of things, so made a menu for him and he's very happy...

Brunch -
a grilled pizza with 2 fried eggs on top/champagne

Dinner -
roasted duck
roasted garlic mashed potatoes
green salad with bleu cheese
18 hour bread
a bottle of Syrah - he has yet to open, but it's wrapped up.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Father's Day?? cjs What's everyone doin...
I hadn't even thought of it. I guess the cat and I will have to think of something. He's been mentioning shrimp a lot lately, and I have some frozen, so may do something with them.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Father's Day?? cjs What's everyone doin...
William requested grilled pizzas! Talk about eating his words!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Father's Day?? Gourmet_Mom William requested gr...
I'm doing dinner for both dad's and Ron. They are planning on golfing if the weather is nice. I'm thinking of doing a rotisseried turkey, roasted potato salad, baked beans, and cut up fresh fruit. My MIL is bringing a dessert. Here is a recipe that I'm thinking of trying as a relish with the turkey.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Nectarine and Radish Salsa

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------

Serve this no-cook condiment with grilled chicken, pork, or fish. Or use as a topping for grilled bread or a dip for toasted tortilla wedges.

Yield
4 cups (serving size: 1/3 cup)

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups (1/4-inch) diced nectarines
1 1/2 cups radishes, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well. Let the salsa mixture stand 30 minutes.

Recipe from: Cooking Light

Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Father's Day?? Mare749 I'm doing dinner for...
Hubby's building the menu around potato salad! I've made one for years modified from my first cookbook - Betty Crocker. It's 3# of redskin potatoes, cut to desired size. Boil in salted water until cooked, but still holding shape. Drain and put in gallon zip-lock while hot with a chopped onion. Add about 1/3 cup Italian dressing (I use Good Season's mix), salt & pepper to taste. Toss to coat potatoes and then marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours - I usually do this much the day before. Then combine marinated potatoes with chopped celery (I use 2 stalks), 6 hard cooked eggs chopped and Hellman's Real mayo to desired consistency.

Hubby just loves it and so, we'll be grilling something to go with the potato salad, probably chicken parts, and probably some baked beans.
Father's Day??