Roy, as usual, will spend too much on fireworks and fire up the neighborhood. So many years in California in the country kept him from ever doing much. But, up here he can have all the fun he wants and he sure keeps the kids happy!

Since we're having our party the week before (this coming Saturday), it will probably be quiet until dark anyway.

I'm doing two hickory smoked briskets for the party and some other goodies - and everyone else brings a side dish. Always good dishes!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

What's Everyone Doing the 4th? cjs Roy, as usual, will ...
We're invited to the neighbor's for a cookout. I will probably do a dessert...not sure right now. There's just too many choices!

William went over yesterday and Dale showed him the room with the fireworks...floor to ceiling utility room full! It's really cool here. It's like a competition around the lake. Individuals and neighbors buy PILES of fireworks and set them off on the end of their piers. It's like dozens of firework displays going off around the lake. It's hard to decide which way to look! This goes on for about two hours!

One year, I prepared a really fancy picnic dinner and we took the boat out and watched from the middle of the lake. That was very romantic! Then I spoiled it by falling in trying to get out of the boat when we got home...ROFLOL!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: What's Everyone Doing the 4th? Gourmet_Mom We're invited to the...
"by falling in trying to get out of the boat when we got home" - copious amounts of wine will do that to a body....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's Everyone Doing the 4th? Gourmet_Mom We're invited to the...
Hubby turns 60 on the 30th and we're having a birthday open house for him on the 4th in the afternoon. I've invited about 200 people, not sure beyond family how many will actually show up. Serving grilled chicken breasts for sandwiches, and seared flank steaks with chimichurri and tomato chutney. For sides, I'm making my TNT potato salad and the orzo veggies posted here recently. We made it and loved it. I'm going to change it up by grilling the veggies rather than roasting them, upping the garlic a bit. I ordered some decorated cakes, and will have watermelon. Keg of beer, assorted softdrinks, we'll open some wine if anyone asks for it. Should be fun!

Re: What's Everyone Doing the 4th? HomeCulinarian Hubby turns 60 on th...
No plans yet. One daughter is in Las Vegas right now, and the other one is getting ready to move into a new house that weekend. So, I'm kind of thinking of putting either pork or briskets in the smoker to help feed the moving crew.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
What's Everyone Doing the 4th?