Just sharing the festivities....

Crafts at Southport

Now for some friends and fireworks.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

OT-Fourth pictures Gourmet_Mom Just sharing the fes...
Looks like lots of fun, Daphne! Not a great day here yesterday. I can't remember a time when I had to turn the car heater on, on July 1st, or that I would have to wear sunglasses AND use my windshield wipers while driving.

On the bright side, we didn't have to go anywhere for fireworks last night. 6 months ago, a fireworks place opened here in town and everyone took advantage of that. Just had to open the front door and watch. The cops were kept very busy.

PJ
PJ
  OT-Fourth pictures Gourmet_Mom Just sharing the fes...
Great pictures, Dpahne and what a fun time, huh? I love to visit all the different booths and see how creative folks are. It's amazing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: OT-Fourth pictures cjs Great pictures, Dpah...
We (the Truck Farmers, Brian and Marilee) had fireworks here that were pretty good. According to Oregon law you can't have anything that goes up in the air over 10 feet; but, the last time Marilee & family were in Wyoming and N. Dakota they purchased quite a quantity of fireworks. We were shooting them out over a plowed field so there was nothing to burn. Don't know what the people around us were shooting over, but they had large explosive star burst fireworks too. Quite a sight and the booms were echoing back and forth over the valley.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: OT-Fourth pictures bjcotton We (the Truck Farmer...
YS took some videos of the fireworks, but I haven't downloaded them yet. Cricket had a blast! In the videos you can hear her barking nonstop every time Dale set off a barrage. She ran circles around the deck of the pier the whole time...she was so funny!

Billy, I came SO close to buying you one of those tie dye t-shirts...LOL!
Daphne

Re: OT-Fourth pictures Gourmet_Mom YS took some videos ...
Very nice pictures, Daphne! Thanks for sharing them with all of us. Did you buy anything from the crafters?

I'm looking forward to going back to Charleston in September. They had a big open market there with everything you could imagine, food, crafts, etc.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: OT-Fourth pictures Mare749 Very nice pictures, ...
No, I didn't see anything I couldn't live without.

Speaking of Charleston, check out the gal selling scarves and dresses. She was at the end of the last building. I only got one sarong and one dress and am now kicking myself for not getting at least two. I wear that dress ALL the time, and the sarong every day. The dress is the coolest thing I own...light weight and comfy. And wrinkles fall right out of the thing...NO IRONING!
Daphne

Re: OT-Fourth pictures Gourmet_Mom No, I didn't see any...
Thanks Daphne, good to know! I want one of those sweet grass baskets that Lorraine has also.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: OT-Fourth pictures Mare749 Thanks Daphne, good ...
Don't try to take the basket ladies' pictures....they're very superstitious...LOL!
Daphne

Re: OT-Fourth pictures Gourmet_Mom Don't try to take th...
Ok I truly am your biggest fan! And those tables were wonderful I so would have bought one.

I was worried when I heard about the boat barge that blew up with the fireworks on it out in NC.

I told Derek when we do our trek across the country that he can drop me off at your place and I'll stay with you guys while he goes visits some areas I don't need to go to
OT-Fourth pictures