Well, first of all, we're having grilled zucchinis from our greenhouse plants!! What a joy that little place is.

And with the zuccs I'm making another dish from Weeknights #3, Chili-Basil Shrimp on Rice. A 20-minute meal that is very simple, but with Asian flavors that sounds good.

As to yesterday's dinner, I've only thrown dinner away a couple times in my cooking life, but I threw the Oyster, Beef & Bourbon away (FOUR FRIGGIN' LBS. OF BEEF!!!) - we each had a bowl of it, but it wasn't good at all. Between the saltiness of the bacon, seasoning the beef and the oysters it was too salty and the oysters (what a darn waste) were just superfluous. Hate it when that happens - thank God it doesn't very often.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. Dinner - July 10th??? cjs Well, first of all, ...
Look at it this way, Jean, what would we all do if you didn't try those odd things. Most of the time, they work out and WE all get to enjoy a new recipe/idea!

As for dinner? I am determined to make that Tomato Black Bean Pudding you wrote about a while back. Now all I have to do is figure out what to have with it...HMMM? I do have a whole chicken left over from last night...everybody wanted more of the butternut squash, broccoli slaw, and pineapple crisp with ice cream.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - July 10th??? Gourmet_Mom Look at it this way,...
I think I'll do stuffed squash I have a few yellow and zucchini a friend grew and shared.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - July 10th??? DFen911 I think I'll do stuf...
hi,

I think i will make this for dinner. Hopefully it is good.

http://greekgourmand.blogspot.com/2009/0...heese.html

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - July 10th??? piano226 hi,[br][br]I think i...
I fried up some of my homemade bacon yesterday and had BLTs for supper. They were so good, I'm having them again. This time though, I've got one ripe tomato on one of my tomato plants...Yahoo!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - July 10th??? bjcotton I fried up some of m...
Something easy... maybe even carry out.

Getting ready to go on my annual mission week to Appalachia with the high school youth. Be back next weekend and will catch up on everyone then.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - July 10th??? HomeCulinarian Something easy... ma...
I'm making a Goldensandwich--using yellow bells and tellagio cheese--will post recipe if good.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - July 10th??? HomeCulinarian Something easy... ma...
Quote:

Something easy... maybe even carry out.

Getting ready to go on my annual mission week to Appalachia with the high school youth. Be back next weekend and will catch up on everyone then.

You be well on your mission--very good cause. Not a plesant subject, but I've heard so much about "Mountain Dew Mouth"--terrible situation brought on by consuming so much sugar from a certain soft drink--is the media blowing this situation out of proportion or is it really bad up there? Go with my best wishes and admiration.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  T.G.I.F. Dinner - July 10th??? cjs Well, first of all, ...
Sorry to hear that, Jean. We had to prep today, and I grazed my way through the day. I made him some corn on the cob (real hard in the microwave , avocado and grape tomatoes.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - July 10th??? Lorraine Sorry to hear that, ...
We had seafood alfredo with penne pasta, a very good recipe that a friend of mine made up and sooo easy. Added a nice romaine salad with lots of veggies.

Have a great mission week, Jeannette. We'll miss you!

Jean, that's a real shame about your dinner last night. Glad that doesn't happen too often, considering how much you cook and all the different recipes you try.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
T.G.I.F. Dinner - July 10th???