Has anyone seen the trailer for the new movie Julie and Julia ?

I can't wait to see it. Has anyone read the book? I think there is a book...

I just found this on Amazon. It got mixed reviews - not so much about cooking but it looks pretty funny. I'll definatley have to see it - may read the book.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Ot - Sort of - new movie esgunn Has anyone seen the ...
We plan on seeing it!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
That's interesting. I saw that advertised yesterday. Like you, I checked it out on Google and discovered that the movie is based on Julie Powell's book: Julie and Julia and Julia's book: My Life in France (which I've read and enjoyed). What I also found was her blogs. In the first one, dating 2002, she explains she decided to work her way through Julia's: Mastering the Art of French Cooking...one recipe at a time. Evidently, this led to her writing the book about her experience. She has a blog about the experience, if you're interested.

What Could Happen?

Her original blog about the experience, I think, is listed in the links to the right of this blog...The Julie/Julia Project. I bet she never thought her experience would come to this...WOW!

I think I'll add her book to my list and I will HAVE to see the movie.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I saw that book at BJ's today!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Ot - Sort of - new movie BarbaraS I saw that book at B...
Oh great...now I've been sucked into reading another blog...LOL! The original is hilarious so far.
Daphne
I read the book and loved it! I've read some of her blogs, and she really has a great sense of humor. Got me started drinking Gimlets too - love them. We can't wait to see the movie - I can just imagine how hysterical it will be.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Ot - Sort of - new movie Harborwitch I read the book and ...
I got the book on CD from the library a while ago and enjoyed it. I just loved the premise of working her way through a recipe a day.

Sharon, was I right in remembering she was not a particularly accomplished cook when she decided to do this?

Re: Ot - Sort of - new movie iBcookin I got the book on CD...
I saw the previews for this movie too and thought it looked so good! Can't wait for it to come out.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Ot - Sort of - new movie luvnit I saw the previews f...
Linda, I'm not sure about that. I've been sucked into reading The Julie/Julia Project Blog about the whole thing....thank you so much Erin. (The book was based on this blog.)

I think in one of the earliest blogs she mentions something about a piece of equipment from her earlier catering days. She also talks about looking lovingly at her battle-worn cookbooks during one of her down days. I don't know about the book, which I will get, but the blog is hilarious! She even talks about Glen Close and her idolization of her in one of them...which I found a hoot!!!!!
Daphne

Re: Ot - Sort of - new movie Gourmet_Mom Linda, I'm not sure ...
I read the book a while ago after it first came out. Very fun read I too saw the previews for it this weekend and can't wait. Meryl Streep is already getting high raves about her performace as Julia Childs.
Ot - Sort of - new movie