My daughter, Holly, was telling me the other day how thrilled her daughter was to find hot soup in her thermos for lunch. So, she was looking for some easy soup ideas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Quick and easy soup recipe suggestions? Mare749 My daughter, Holly, ...
Here's a couple of easy, fast ones.

* Exported from MasterCook *

TOMATO BEAN SOUP

In a medium saucepan, combine:
2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans pasta-style tomatoes
15 oz. can each light-red kidney & cannellini beans
2 (14 1/2-oz) cans vegetable broth
1/4 cup water
10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach (squeezed dry).

Add 1/2 cup orzo pasta
Cover & bring to a boil on high.
Lower heat & simmer 10 min., or till orzo is tender.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Serving Ideas : Serve with cheese toast & mixed greens. Oatmeal cookies for dessert.

----

and of course, this one....

* Exported from MasterCook *

Corn Chowder - Maryann

2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup onion -- chopped
2 Tablespoons green pepper -- chopped
1 1/2 cups potatoes -- diced
1 cup water
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup cream style corn
1 cup milk
1/2 cup evaporated milk

Melt butter, add onion & green pepper. Add potatoes, water, salt & pepper. Cover. Cook until potatoes are tender.

Add corn, milk and evaporated milk. Heat, stirring frequently until chowder bubbles slightly.
NOTES : Serves: 4

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Quick and easy soup recipe suggestions? cjs Here's a couple of e...
Maryann, I didn't find the Lasagna Soup to be all that involved (if made the night before). That's all I can think of...don't do many soups.

There's one we do in the winter using ground beef, a large can of tomato juice, a couple cans of mixed veggies and a couple of corn...whatever you like, and a quarter cup of sugar. Salt and pepper to taste. We also found that a package of Good Season's Italian seasoning mix to add a good flavor as well. This idea came from our cafeteria lady back when school lunches were good. I don't know if you'd call either of these quick...especially if she's looking for something she could whip up in the morning.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Quick and easy soup recipe suggestions? Gourmet_Mom Maryann, I didn't fi...
Thank you both! It's funny, I make all kinds of soups, but when my own daughter asks me for some easy recipes, I went blank.

Found one last night for a cheeseburger chowder that sounded good, and a tuscan bean with chicken soup. If they turn out to be good, I'll post both.
Maryann

Re: Quick and easy soup recipe suggestions? Mare749 Thank you both! It'...
This is quick and really good. I usually use chicken potstickers from Trader Joe's, but you can use any brand/ flavor:

Potsticker Soup

[Image: DumplingSoup1.JPG]

Recipe By: Vicci

Servings: 2 Preparation Time :0:20

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

2 1/2 cups low-sodium defatted chicken broth

2/3 cup water

1/4 teaspoon minced ginger

1/4 teaspoon minced garlic

1/8 teaspoon oriental hot sauce -- (sambal oelek is a good choice)

1 large carrot -- split lengthwise and sliced diagonally

3/4 cup thinly sliced green cabbage -- any kind, but I prefer Napa or Bok Choy (or sub shredded snow peas)

2 large green onions -- slice all but keep the green tops separate (for garnish)

12 whole Trader Joe's Chicken Gyoza Potstickers, unthawed

1 teaspoon arrowroot -- mixed with 1 teaspoon water, optional

1/2 teaspoon sesame oil

Bring the broth and water to a boil in a medium saucepot. Add the ginger, garlic, hot sauce, carrot, and cabbage.

Turn down the heat to simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add the green onion WHITES and the potstickers, turn up the heat to return to a boil, then turn the heat back down, partially cover, and cook until the potstickers are tender (TJ's directions say about 2-3 minutes)

If a slightly thicker broth is desired, add the arrowroot-and-water mixture and stir until thickened. Turn off heat and stir in the sesame oil. Divide between two deep bowls, sprinkle with the reserved sliced green onion tops. Dust with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.

Per serving: 260 Calories (kcal); 4g Total Fat (1g Saturated); (15% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 26mg Cholesterol; 1347mg Sodium

Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Re: Quick and easy soup recipe suggestions? foodfiend This is quick and re...
Thanks Vicci! I'm going to make this one for myself!
Maryann

Re: Quick and easy soup recipe suggestions? Mare749 Thanks Vicci! I'm g...
Me too! I've finally figured out what I'm going to use some of those dumplings in the freezer for!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Quick and easy soup recipe suggestions? Gourmet_Mom Me too! I've finall...
that does sound good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Quick and easy soup recipe suggestions? Mare749 My daughter, Holly, ...
My new favorite quick soup is from Weeknight Menus...Cannellini Bean and Sausage Soup. So simple and delicious. Let me know if you'd like me to post it.
Shannon

Re: Quick and easy soup recipe suggestions? Dismc My new favorite quic...
Most soups are relatively easy. Some just take a little extra prep (e.g. scraping down the corn for corn chowder).

Erin's green bean soup is VERY easy, and has become one of my new favourites.

An old stand-by for me is egg drop soup. I usually make it after boiling a whole, frozen chicken, but if you already have chicken stock ready. it would be even easier. Just bring three quarts of chicken stock to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and adjust the seasonings. Nest, stir in about a tablespoon of sesame oil (that's the secret that makes a world of difference - don't forget it!). Finally, VERY lightly beat four eggs and, as you are stirring the stock VERY SLOWLY without changing direction, add the eggs and continue to stir the soup VERY SLOWLY for one more minute, and it's done! Couldn't be much easier!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Quick and easy soup recipe suggestions?