We really enjoyed this pizza yesterday (and the neighbors also ) - I bet kids would too. It's just canned pie filling with a crisp topping over and baked.

[Image: CherryPiePizza.jpg]

Altho, next time I think I'll add a layer of ricotta or cream cheese on the crust first. And one neighbor added a scoop of ice cream and said that was great.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Cherry Pie Pizza cjs We really enjoyed th...
Oh Wow! That looks great!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Cherry Pie Pizza esgunn Oh Wow! That looks...
YUM! Okay, make that a triple batch of pizza dough! I bet marscapone (which I can't seem to get around here) would be good also.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Cherry Pie Pizza Gourmet_Mom YUM! Okay, make tha...
Oh, I didn't think of Mascarpone!!! Shoot (aren't I nice?), now it looks like 3 more tries - cream cheese, ricotta, and mascarpone. If anyone can think of a 4th - I'll just do two and half 'em up.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cherry Pie Pizza cjs Oh, I didn't think o...
Yep. Make it Mascarpone and change the cherries to strawberries, and you've got me.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Cherry Pie Pizza cjs Oh, I didn't think o...
I was thinking a marscapone too.

I was thinking a devonshire cream, but that wouldn't hold up to baking - does crem fresh? I have never used it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Cherry Pie Pizza esgunn I was thinking a mar...
What about one with just the cherries, like you did before, but swirl some creme fresh or just cream after you take it out? It would make a pretty pattern. OR how about flavoring some cream cheese with almond or mint or something? Or work in some almond paste in there somewhere. I've never had it, but the idea of almond flavor just seems to sound right...would almond paste by itself be too much? And add almonds to your crisp.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Cherry Pie Pizza esgunn I was thinking a mar...
Quote:

I was thinking a devonshire cream, but that wouldn't hold up to baking...

Just add it at serving time.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Cherry Pie Pizza labradors [blockquote]Quote:[h...
all kinds of ways to go with this one.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cherry Pie Pizza cjs all kinds of ways to...
That looks so good! Funny thing is I found a recipe on my hubby's kilt forum (crazy huh?) that I think the addition of the cherry pie filling would work.

Ricotta Cheese Cake

1 Box Yellow Cake Mix, you can make your own cake mix but the point of this recipe is to be quick and easy.
2 lb Ricotta cheese, or fine curd cottage cheese if you want, Ricotts is much better
3 extra large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
1 C powered sugar, optional

Preheat oven to 350F
Prepare cake mix and pour into 9"x13" pan
Beat the cheese, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth
Spread evenly over the cake mix.
Bake for 1 hour. A knife comes out clearn when it is done.
During baking the cheese and cake will swap places.
If desired, sprinkle the powdered sugar over the cake when it is cool.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
Cherry Pie Pizza