It's fantastic when you can get together with old, old friends and take up where you left off. After the shock of seeing this grey-haired woman get out of her car, I realized it really was Jill!! We just had a ball sitting around the island eating pizza, drinking wine and catching up.

Today, we'll be visiting a local restraunt that's having a sausage maker from Seattle for Octoberfest, then on to local wineries. I made a batch of Ropa Vieja Stew from the Soups, Stews & Chilies book - and I'll make some polenta to go with it.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Saturday - 10/24 - Dinner?? cjs It's fantastic when ...
Sounds like a fun day, Jean!

Well, I was going to say I couldn't decide between YOUR "THE MESSIEST PORK ROAST EVER" and C@H's Pork Roast with Mushroom-Madeira Cream Sauce that was posted on here a while back, BUT when I read off the ingredients of the first one, William wouldn't even HEAR what was in the second...LOL! Good thing, I don't have to buy any ingredients for the first one!!!! I'll probably do baked potatoes or more of the potatoes from last night....they were SO good!...and pick up some green beans.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We are doing a Steak Dian with mushrooms, a blu cheese/green chili grits side, something green, and a tomato. If the grits turn out I will post the recipe--sounds like something Roy might like!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Jean, sounds like you are having a great time with friends.

Grilled Flank Steak - Dragon Steak marinade, Roasted brussel sprouts with bacon, shallots and mushrooms.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Saturday - 10/24 - Dinner?? esgunn Jean, sounds like yo...
We were supposed to have leftover meatloaf, but I made some lasagna rollups, and they smelled so good we had them instead.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.

Re: Saturday - 10/24 - Dinner?? Lorraine We were supposed to ...
It got cold yesterday, so I ended up making my mom's corn chowder for dinner and Ron made some buffalo chicken wings. Then we had caramel apples. Yummy!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Saturday - 10/24 - Dinner?? Mare749 It got cold yesterda...
Thanks for the recipe Jean! The pork loin didn't fan out like I thought it would, but the basting sauce was very good. I brined the roast for several hours and it was nice and tender. Looking at your note about a friend having to clean her oven every time she made it, I decided to do it on a pan in the grill. Worked like a charm.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Saturday - 10/24 - Dinner?? Gourmet_Mom Thanks for the recip...
Oh, I'm glad you liked it, Daphne. I haven't made it for the longest time. What a good idea to use the grill!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday - 10/24 - Dinner??