For once I know ahead of time what we're going to be cooking - Daphne just told me her plans and they sound good!!

PooPoos -
Sauteed crab cakes with papaya-basil sauce

Huli-Huli roasted chix with lime-honey glaze
Stir-fried Asparagus w/sesame seeds and pine nuts
Mashed potatoes with roasted garlic and five-spice powder

And if we get real ambitious -
Pineapple-ginger creme brulee

In today's paper there is a recipe that a gal won a contest with that sounds wonderful -

Soy glazed mahi mahi with cilantro pesto shrimp - for tomorrow.

Man, the goodies 0ver here are good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Dinner???? Nov. 11th cjs For once I know ahea...
Jean, if you're still on, would you delete my thread...I'll add mine here:

I'm so excited to be home...even if the weather IS nasty!

I'm getting ready to start dinner. William enjoyed dinner in courses Sunday so much, I thought we'd do it again tonight. So here's the menu:

Mushrooms Stuffed with Gouda
French Fougasse with Roasted Red Bell Pepper, Walnut & Gouda
Simple Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Lasagna Soup
Rummed Hot Chocolate or Pumpkin Cheese Cake (Gotta consult on this one, but I'm guessing he's going to pick the hot chocolate...He LOVES that stuff!)

Jean, I can't imagine the fresh veggies and seafood you have at hand! I bet it's pretty tough picking what to cook for dinner! That Mahi sounds terrific! I've got some grouper the employee brought the other day. If the Mahi turns out as good as it sounds, how about the recipe!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Dinner???? Nov. 11th Gourmet_Mom Jean, if you're stil...
O.K. you beat me to it -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Dinner???? Nov. 11th cjs O.K. you beat me to ...
That was too funny! Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Dinner???? Nov. 11th Gourmet_Mom That was too funny! ...
I LOVE my crockpot. Knew I was going to have another day of running today, so this morning I prepped some potatoes and onions, put two cute, seasoned, cornish hens on top of them, and put it on low. Now it smells wonderful and all I have to do is make a veggie side.
Oh and I think I'll stick the hens in the oven or under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp the skins. How fun and convenient , how did I ever get along without one?
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Dinner???? Nov. 11th farnfam I LOVE my crockpot. ...
Today is college boy's birthday. It is also a good friend's birthday who will join us for dinner tonight. College boy ordered the ultimate comfort food dinner...

Fried chicken and pan gravy
Mashed potatoes
Green beans
Biscuits
Apple Pie a la mode

I'll have to do double extra workouts this weekend!

Re: Dinner???? Nov. 11th HomeCulinarian Today is college boy...
Yummmm, that sounds good!

We are having Chicken Satay Stir-fry with Orange Scented Jasmine Rice
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Dinner???? Nov. 11th esgunn Yummmm, that sounds ...
How funny how many of us are having chicken tonight! I am roasting a chicken and makeing mashed sweet potatoes and asparagus as sides. It sure smells good.

Everyone's dinner sounds awfully good, but Jean has us all beat for location for sure. Not sure about that name tho "poopoos"!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Dinner???? Nov. 11th chef_Tab How funny how many o...
Pupus in Maui - yum! Jean - have you had any opakapaka yet? Pink snapper - very good and my favorite fish in the world. You can't tell that I'm a big Hawaii fan and have been there 14 times now, can you? You will make a return trip - I see it in your future.

My husband is making a meatloaf and au gratin potatoes. I'm heating up a frozen veggie mix. LOL. In my defense, today we took my son bowling and we had lunch out at a local brewery/restaurant today and I'm tired!

Re: Dinner???? Nov. 11th Trixxee Pupus in Maui - yum!...
Tonight was the Chicken and Mushroom Lettuce Cups. The reviews is in my earlier thread.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Dinner???? Nov. 11th