This is the middle of some other recipes and I was afraid it would get lost - boy, these are good!!

[Image: PAppleDropMartini.jpg]

Pineapple Drops

makes 6 cocktails. "Tangy & sweet, this drink pairs well with our luau, but is also good sipped solo." from Sunset, June 09 (Hawaii version)

1 1/2 cups each pineapple juice and vodka
3 T. fresh lime juice
Couple of lime wedges
about 1 cup sugar (sure doesn't take this much to rim the glasses!!)
Fresh pineapple, cut into 3/4" chunks

In a pitcher, mix p.apple juce, vodka, and lime juice, then chill until cold.

Rub lime wedges around rims of 6 martini glasses. Pour sugar onto a large plate. Dip rims of glasses in sugar. Divide vodka mixture among glasses. Push a few p.apple chunks onto each skewer and set one in each glass.

This turned out to be such a 'mental' cocktail - Roy first served these in a highball glass (hostess not home and didn't know where the martini glasses were) and as I was tasting it, I thought it ought to be one of the foofoo sweet drinks and really puckered up. But when Sonja came home and got the good glasses out and we sipped as you would a martini, it was just right!! Wierd. But, it's good!!

ANd the nice thing about them is they will stay in the fridge overnight, thank heavens or we'd be on our butts today before dinner!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

PineApple Drop Martini cjs This is the middle o...
Thanks Jean! I didn't know what you were talking about when you said it was buried in a bunch of other recipes. Then I read on and realized I recognized it. Thanks for giving it it's own thread. I'll be passing this one on to Baby Girl. She'll like this! Must put fancy cocktail and martini glasses on her Christmas list. I'm hoping someone remembers MY fancy martini glasses. I may need to remind them!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: PineApple Drop Martini Gourmet_Mom Thanks Jean! I didn...
Oh my....nope..licking the screen didn't give me the flavor I was hoping for.

Re: PineApple Drop Martini DFen911 Oh my....nope..licki...
Is the glass crooked, like that, to make you think you've already had one too many?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: PineApple Drop Martini labradors Is the glass crooked...
HMMM...might be, but I was thinking more of a handle...LOL!
Daphne

Re: PineApple Drop Martini Gourmet_Mom HMMM...might be, but...
What crooked stem...
You know, a lot of times I act like I've already had one too many before I've even had one...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: PineApple Drop Martini cjs What crooked stem......
LOL!
Daphne
PineApple Drop Martini