Time for the December babies to step up -

DECEMBER -
Calipoutine/Randi - Dec. 2nd
BillyJ - Dec. 9th (a special dinner in memorial?)
Sonja Held - December 10th
Mykandzor/ m.j. kandzor/Marye - Dec. 21
Fanfarm/Cis - Dec. 23rd
luvnit/Laura Dec. 27
sophia -- December 27

Is anyone missing from the list???? Is anyone interested in choosing a menu???? I hope so!

Let me throw out these ideas for a "Billy J Birthday Dinner" and see where we go with it. For those who do not have "Billy's Book" I will be glad to post the recipes after we decide what we want to make.

Tomato Tarts (page 59)

Chicken & Dumpling Casserole (page 18)

Cheddar, Bacon, & Scallion Souffle (page 46)

Banana Cake by SugarBrown's Mama's Mama (page 14)

or other suggestions?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS???? cjs Time for the Decembe...
I like the idea of a memorial dinner for Billyj I like what you've picked, Jean. How about that Shrimp Sushi Parfait of his? That was a big hit
With the holidays so close it might be a little hard to fit in any other dinners this month, at least for me.
I was wondering if the rest of us December babies might want to collaborate on one menu for all our birthdays. Maybe each pick a course?
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS???? farnfam I like the idea of a...
Great idea, cis.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS???? cjs Great idea, cis....
Good thinking, CIS! It does get busy! (OOPS, sorry Cis)

***Daphne walks off to look for her brain***

Jean, I like what you've picked! While I would love an excuse to make the roulades again, I haven't made any of these except for the souffle. (That one may be tough to make...I can clearly remember Billy cheering me on with that one. But what a sweet special memory it will be.) So I vote yes!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS???? Gourmet_Mom Good thinking, CIS! ...
Denise??
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS???? farnfam Denise?? [img]/ubbth...
CORRECTION!
Daphne

Re: DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS???? Gourmet_Mom CORRECTION!...
I think everyone has lost a part of their brains today....wonder what they are collectively doing but they better not be having more fun than we are!!
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS???? cjs I think everyone has...
AMEN! You know, maybe if I drink another glass of wine, I won't miss it as much!
Daphne
  Re: DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS???? farnfam I like the idea of a...
Quote:

I like the idea of a memorial dinner for Billyj I like what you've picked, Jean. How about that Shrimp Sushi Parfait of his? That was a big hit /

I second this motion!

And rouldades too!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS???? luvnit [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Jean sounds like a good thing to do - I be happy with any of the

recipes.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS????