Are we all eating lightly these last few days before the gorging begins???? We sure are.

We're having Vicci's Bourbon Salmon and some rice.
Plus, we're giving away the last of the goodies I made today, saving a couple for dessert tonight.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Sunday Dinner - 12/20?? cjs Are we all eating li...
William requested pizza and salad. I don't know what's with me and salmon, lately. We had it on a regular basis for a while, but now I have no taste for it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Sunday Dinner - 12/20?? Gourmet_Mom William requested pi...
I only know the dessert. Wine braised pears with vanilla cream and toasted hazelnuts.

Re: Sunday Dinner - 12/20?? DFen911 I only know the dess...
have you made the Reuben pizza yet Daphne???

or better yet, the Gorgonzola and Beef for William?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Sunday Dinner - 12/20?? cjs have you made the Re...
No, every time I make corned beef, we eat it all. I promised myself that next time I'll make two.

And William has eaten all the blue cheese. I should be going to the city this week to pick up cheeses for Thursday night. I'll get extra! He requested sausage for tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Sunday Dinner - 12/20?? Gourmet_Mom No, every time I mak...
Ok figured out dinner. Grilled chicken panini's with sundried tomatoes and basil.

Re: Sunday Dinner - 12/20?? DFen911 Ok figured out dinne...
Just some tortellini with meatballs and Caesar salad.

The Morrocan ribs were awesome again last night, but hubby couldn't sleep and blamed the spices, which I can believe. Has anyone done this recipe without the cumin/tumeric/ginger/cinnamon?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Sunday Dinner - 12/20?? cjs Are we all eating li...
Just a roasted chicken, rolls and peas. Snowed here all day, and snowy days and roasted chicken go hand in hand, to me.

PJ
PJ

Re: Sunday Dinner - 12/20?? pjcooks Just a roasted chick...
I got a deal on a prime grade rib roast from a buddy who works at a restaurant food distributor, so I'm making prime rib with au jus, grilled presciutto wrapped asparagus and crispy baked potatoes. A 7 pound roast is kind of silly for 3 people, but I'm sure I can make use of the leftovers. Mmmm cheese steak.

I probably should be eating light, but what the hell, it's the holidays. And it's snowy here too, so yeah, plenty of good excuses.

Re: Sunday Dinner - 12/20?? NathanB I got a deal on a pr...
Tonight, I added some panko and a lot of garlic powder to some ground chicken, fried that up as burgers. Then I mixed some sweet and sour sauce (the brand I use - Pearl River Bridge - is more liquid, not thick with a bunch of corn starch) into some mayonnaise and used that to top the burgers.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Sunday Dinner - 12/20??