LEFTOVERS AGAIN!! but tonight's the last night of them (except what was put in the freezer....don't whine Jean!)
I have polenta, cooked steaks, and overcooked green beans.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Dinner - Tuesday, Jan. 5th?? cjs LEFTOVERS AGAIN!! bu...
Leftovers of some sort here too. The last of the visitors have left the building and I have a horrible head cold. I plan to sleep a lot and just warm up whatever I can forage from the fridge.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan. 5th?? chef_Tab Leftovers of some so...
Sounds like you need a hot toddy, Theresa - we are having chili.

Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan. 5th?? Sounds like you need...
I made some chili last nite to eat tonight. A good friend lost his daughter to cancer last nite after a long fight--I'm taking half of the chili to him and his family. We'll take them a pork loin tomorrow.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan. 5th?? Old Bay I made some chili la...
Well, I'm taking a couple of ideas from Issue 79 and combining them. I'm making the Five-Jewel-Rice Stuffed Chicken Breasts though I'm making the rice on the side. I can't stuff boneless tenders very well. And serving it over wilted spinach as the veggie.

Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan. 5th?? Trixxee Well, I'm taking a c...
or maybe this will make you feel better, Theresa -

* Exported from MasterCook *

ALCOHOLIC HOT CHOCOLATE - Nigella Lawson

2 cups milk
3 1/2 ounces best-quality dark chocolate -- bittersweet or semisweet, as preferred
1 cinnamon stick
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons dark rum -- or to taste

Put the milk into a saucepan and break the chocolate into pieces and add to the milk along with a cinnamon stick, honey, and sugar and heat gently until the chocolate is melted.

Add the vanilla and mix with a small hand whisk and still whisking, add a spoonful of the rum first and taste to see if you want more. Add more sugar if you want this sweeter, too. Take out the cinnamon stick and pour into 2 cappuccino or caffe latte cups.
Description:
"Recipe courtesy Nigella Lawson"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
forgot there is rum in this - Vicci, hurry up and get a cold...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan. 5th?? cjs or maybe this will ...
Bill, I am so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. Parents should never have to bury their children. How kind of you to bring them food.

Jean, you are so naughty. I made this shortly after you posted it the last time and we loved it. Of course I was a bit more liberal with the rum than 2 Tbl. Hmmmm, I do have lots of chocolate laying around from the holidays......
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan. 5th?? chef_Tab Bill, I am so sorry ...
Oh Bill, I completely missed this - how awful for the family. I just can not imagine what they are going through.

Theresa, we do what we have to do...
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan. 5th?? cjs Oh Bill, I completel...
HHmm Jean I can't decide...do I ruin good chocolate with rum, or ruin the rum with good chocolate? Either way it's a win

Tonight is whole grain pasta night with veggies. We're staying on track with eating more grains, less fat, and exercising more.

Re: Dinner - Tuesday, Jan. 5th?? DFen911 HHmm Jean I can't de...
I'm so sorry to hear about your friends. I agree, parents shouldn't have to bury their children.

Oh, that chocolate.....MMMMMMMM!

Tonight we're having Pork Chops with Zesty Sauce - J. Pepin with garlic mashed potatoes and probably a salad. Jean posted this a while back...September '07. I stumbled onto it not too long ago and thought the flavors sounded good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Dinner - Tuesday, Jan. 5th??