from issue #32, page 27 -

[Image: CouscousDumplings.jpg]

These are delicious!! And I'm not even a dumpling person! Fast, easy and so many ways to use them.

The recipe is part of a Moroccan (sp?) dish with chicken, preserved lemons, kalamatas & spices, but I just used some of my oven-roasted cherry tomatoes (from this summer) and doctored it up. Did brown some chicken breasts and added them to the sauce. What a great easy dinner this was.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Couscous Dumpling Review cjs from issue #32, page...
An intriguing idea. Unfortunately, this would be one where I couldn't substitute the marmahon, since it's too big. Looks like it's time for me to try nudging the various store managers again.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Couscous Dumpling Review labradors An intriguing idea. ...
"where I couldn't substitute the marmahon" - got me! What is 'marmahon' it's not in my FLC.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Couscous Dumpling Review cjs "where I couldn't su...
It's a small, BB-sized pasta of Arab origin and is popular here. I have mentioned it here before, when certain recipes called for couscous (e.g. the Couscous with Peas from Daphne's dinner review almost a year ago).

[Image: im001377.jpg]

Re: Couscous Dumpling Review labradors It's a small, BB-siz...
Sounds interesting Jean.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Couscous Dumpling Review Gourmet_Mom Sounds interesting J...
Sounds yummy, Jean. I wonder if it could convert for Crockpot and add dumpling in the last 1/2 hour or so?

Labs, I wonder if Quinoa could work, if that's even available for you. I myself have only just recently discovered it at a Hannaford's in Watertown
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Couscous Dumpling Review farnfam Sounds yummy, Jean. ...
Cis,

Quinoa is something I've seen mentioned in the forum periodically, but have never seen in the stores.

Re: Couscous Dumpling Review labradors Cis,[br][br]Quinoa i...
quinoa has to cook longer than couscous, so don't know if it would work as a sub.

Cis, I bet it would work in a slow cooker....I'm going to try this also - the recipe mentions the dumplings should be cooked gently so they don't break up, so what's more gentle than a slow cooker. good idea.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Couscous Dumpling Review labradors It's a small, BB-siz...
Quote:

It's a small, BB-sized pasta of Arab origin and is popular here. I have mentioned it here before, when certain recipes called for couscous (e.g. the Couscous with Peas from Daphne's dinner review almost a year ago).

[Image: im001377.jpg]

I think that is called Israeli couscous around here.

Re: Couscous Dumpling Review Trixxee [blockquote]Quote:[h...
That's what I was thinking when I saw that, Trixxee.
www.achefsjourney.com
Couscous Dumpling Review