It is so nice to not be eating out of the freezer exclusively, for a while. Went to the grocery store day before yesterday and for $38.00 I had three big bags of groceries - almost all veggies and fruits. (in other words the periphery (sp?) of the store ) The fridge looks so good.

Tonight will be [Email]C@H's[/Email] Asparagus, Chix & Mushroom stir-fry (Issue #32, page 40) along with the Thai mango salad that I made while we were in Hawaii - that was supposed to be with papaya... But it was so good, I'm using mangoes again. must try sometime with papaya.

So, what is everyone else up to??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? cjs It is so nice to not...
I am going to make the Coconut Curry Chicken with beans from the slow cooker menus book tonight. I am lucky that my daughter brought her crockpot for me to use. I am very excited to try this one.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? chef_Tab I am going to make t...
"Coconut Curry Chicken" - will be waiting for your review of this dish, Theresa.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? cjs "Coconut Curry Chick...
That sounds good, Theresa - I wish Mister liked coconut - we're having kalbi, jasmine rice, and stir fry veggies.

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? That sounds good, Th...
Mandarin orange chicken, ponzu rice and napa cabbage. Sake' martini's too

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? DFen911 Mandarin orange chic...
Most likely bar food. We're going to a Cavs game tonight downtown and leaving early so we can grab a bite and a drink before the game. First game back home, hope they aren't all burned out from being on the road.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? Mare749 Most likely bar food...
A slight change of plans. I am just heating some leftovers tonight since it will only be hubby and I for dinner and doing the coconut curry chicken tomorrow when daughter #1 will be joining us. I promise to post a review!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? chef_Tab A slight change of p...
A Cavs games sounds great Mare749 ~ bar type food even better ~ I'm in Cleveland too.

I think I'll make appetizer type stuff ~ Stuffed ricotta & chicken purses and ground pork friend wontons with a plum dipping sauce. Any suggestion on herbs and seasonings beyond salt & pepper to mix in with the ground pork? Will cayenne work with plum?

Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? mrsbushaxe A Cavs games sounds ...
Yes, Cayenne works with plum - cayenne works with EVERYTHING! How about minced green onion, cilantro, ginger.

I think tonight is just macaroni and cheese. And some green beans.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19?? mrsbushaxe A Cavs games sounds ...
" Will cayenne work with plum? " - yes!! I think cayenne goes with anything, I even add it to my chocolate desserts - especially pot de cremes. yum.

I add soy, oyster sauce, sesame oil, sherry & sugar to my pork wontons - sometimes waterchestnuts and/or ginger. You're making me hungry for them, haven't done them for a while.
www.achefsjourney.com
Whats for Dinner - Tues. 1/19??