After we dropped my aunt off yesterday, and having a great bowl of chicken and rice soup, we headed to a shop Marye’s daughter, Jen, told her about and she passed along to me. Savour, in the Ballard district in Seattle – and oh my what a little shop it is!!!

They just opened in mid-December and carry all kinds of goodies besides a long deli case with cheeses, sausages, prepared lasagnas and related dishes and olives and of course oils and vinegars. And, some books! Naturally, one caught my eye – “Goat Cheese” by Maggie Foard and it’s a beautiful little book with dishes like, Morning Biscuits with Chevre and Meyer Lemon Jelly (with the recipe for the jelly, Denise!); Curried Crab Pancakes with Chevre and Quick Tomato & Apple Chutney; Red Lentil Soup with Peppery Feta Shortbread; Buffalo Feta Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries – I’ll stop now, but some really good sounding dishes.

http://www.amazon.com/Goat-Cheese-Maggie...1258&sr=1-1

They also offered Fra’Mani Salametto –

http://www.framani.com/our_salumi_dry_salami

I picked up the salametto and salametto picante (chorizo) sausages. They are delicious!!

Stopped at Trader Joe’s also and picked up a new salad dressing – speaking of salad dressings as we were the other day. Cranberry-Walnut-Gorgonzola. As soon as we got home, we dipped our fingers in it to try and end up spoon tasting it – wow, is it good.

It was a grazing day, so came home and had the rest of our third of the banana pudding for dinner….

Marye, be sure to thank Jen for me (I think) for telling you about Savour!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Outing to the Big City cjs After we dropped my ...
Sounds like a fun day, Jean! I love the sound of that little cookbook. And those sausages....YUM! Thanks for sharing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Outing to the Big City Gourmet_Mom Sounds like a fun da...
Jean, I am going to have to remember that store if I get up in the Ballard area. Thanks for sharing. If you go again, you need to Larsens Bakery. Oh, the best danish bakery ever! I love the smorgaka and a the Kringle. MMMMmmmm.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: Outing to the Big City esgunn Jean, I am going t...
Oh, crap - another dangerous place!! Thanks Erin.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Outing to the Big City cjs Oh, crap - another d...
Jean, I so envy you for your location in the Pacific NW, but also your proximity to Seattle--culinary heaven--we love it here in Texas, but as for culinary variety and experience I give us a 7 and you a 9&1/2. I'm saving my 10 for an experience I have not had yet!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Outing to the Big City Old Bay Jean, I so envy you ...

Jean so glad you liked this new place -

we are headed down tomarrow to the city to see the little ones.

should have some time to check out this new place and even the Larsen Bakery

and need some Chinese items -

I have been busy attending classes on Thai curry and a Chinese class

and tomarrow a.m. a Brunch class.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.

Re: Outing to the Big City mjkcooking [br]Jean so glad you...
Thanks again for mentioning it, Marye - we sure had fun. We had a little speck in our salads last night, yum!

I agree Bill, Seattle does offer such a wealth of goodies from all over.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Outing to the Big City cjs Thanks again for men...
Now that's my kind of day, Jean! Sounds perfect. Think I'll have to get Ron out for a shopping and grazing day tomorrow. West Side Market here we come...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Outing to the Big City Mare749 Now that's my kind o...
Oh, that sounds like such a delightful day - and the book - sounds wonderful -
  Outing to the Big City cjs After we dropped my ...
Looks like we will be buying another book!!
Outing to the Big City