What's up with everyone?

We're having chicken & pesto pizza and a bowl of soup.

Last night's dinner was wonderful! We have a little Thai restaurant (one of three)here in town, that we've been trying to get to for 4 years - don't know why it took us so long. What a waste of time.

Roy had -
"Thai Lamb Curry" - braised Australian lamb shank in Thai green curry with coconut milk, lemon grass, ground coriander seeds and sweet basil.

I had -
"Koong Phad Woon Sen" White Mexican prawns, glass vermicelli noodles lightly stir-fried in black pepper corn sauce with celery, baby bok choy, bacon and carrot. garnished with cilantro and spring onion.

(mine was the best - but both were wonderful!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Saturday's dinner - 1/23? cjs What's up with every...
Pizza sounds good. (Maybe with Lab's salad.) I'm not sure yet, though. I've been in a slump and want to do something yummy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Saturday's dinner - 1/23? Gourmet_Mom Pizza sounds good. (...
I'm making the Marinated Chicken with Roasted Potato Wedges from Cuisine for Two.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Saturday's dinner - 1/23? BarbaraS I'm making the Marin...
Chicken tortilla soup...well maybe. One of my old chef instructors called and I may be meeting her for dinner and cocktails. So the chicken is cooked but it might end up being dinner tomorrow

Re: Saturday's dinner - 1/23? DFen911 Chicken tortilla sou...
Brussel sprout, Italian sausage, & bacon hash with creamy horseradish aioli. It's going to be an adaptation of recipe #3 on FoodBuzz today. I can taste it already. I don't know why I'm craving brussel sprouts & horseradish.

The hubster is out of town to Indiana until sometime next week and the one still at home in the nest is off to a Boy Scout Klondike winter camp out until 10:30 tonight. So, for the first time in years I'm home alone and don't have a clue what to do besides jump on my bed.

For dessert maybe i'll make peanut butter oatmeal cookies or cookie bars

Re: Saturday's dinner - 1/23? mrsbushaxe Brussel sprout, Ital...
Mister and I went to Hilton Head today for him to purchase a new outdoor cooking apparatus (we are going to have to increase the size of our patio) so whatever we have is going to be grilled, smoked, or broiled. Jean, the fare at the Thai restaurant sounds wonderful.

Re: Saturday's dinner - 1/23? Mister and I went to...
I had 3oz lemon baked chicken breast w/ artichoke hearts, broccoli and mixed mini peppers.

I will get the pounds off. 1200 cal/day. My biggest problem is getting off my azz to do aerobic exercise and weights.

...off to look at my CuisineLite and make a grocery list.
Jan (aka Half Baked)
Saturday's dinner - 1/23?