Loved it! Made this for our dinner last night. It's a recipe for 2, and it was portioned perfectly for us. The shrimp are sauted in a puree made from a can of drained diced tomatoes, garlic and chipotle in adobo sauce. The rice is simple with a diced poblano in it. The fruit salad is oranges, pineapple and jicama with a light dressing. I think it could use a vegetable side as well, but I'm not sure what would be best with it, maybe roasted vegetables.

This was the first recipe I tried from this book and there are many more flagged to try!

Cuisine Lite - Chipotle Shrimp Review HomeCulinarian Loved it! Made this...
Well, shoot, we were going to have leftovers.....this sounds so good and I've been eyeing it. I made the jicama salad (from this dinner) last week and we loved. hmmmmm (I even have shrimp in the freezer )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cuisine Lite - Chipotle Shrimp Review cjs Well, shoot, we were...
Of all the odd things we do NOT have down here, that I would expect them to have, it's jicama. Just another one of those things where you see the differences between Mexico and Central America.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: Cuisine Lite - Chipotle Shrimp Review labradors Of all the odd thing...
Thanks for the review Jeanette! I have enjoyed everything from this book so far. Can't wait to get shrimp to try this one.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Cuisine Lite - Chipotle Shrimp Review chef_Tab Thanks for the revie...
Thanks for the review, Jeanette! This sounds like something we would like.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Cuisine Lite - Chipotle Shrimp Review Gourmet_Mom Thanks for the revie...
Well, I was disappointed in this dish. First of all, be careful of the amount of chipotle you use! I can usually handle this amount to the ratio of other ingred., but not this time. The chipotles just overwhelmed everything else. And just not enough flavor in the sauce itself.

I've never cooked shrimp like this, but I bet they would be good if the sauce was a spicy marinara. I've added poblanos to rice before, so knew we liked this part of the dinner.

Guess it had to happen with this book sooner or later - one we just didn't care for.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Cuisine Lite - Chipotle Shrimp Review cjs Well, I was disappoi...
Well, POOH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Cuisine Lite - Chipotle Shrimp Review Gourmet_Mom Well, POOH!...
Made this one tonight and we liked it very much with a couple of changes for next time.

I usually don't measure for smaller amounts, but I am with the recipes from this publication, and when I saw the amount I thought that a tablespoon of minced chipotle might be a bit much for 2 servings. I should've listened to my instinct-- yeow! And we like spicy food, especially DH, who commented that the heat overpowered the rest of the dish. I agree.

I think that the sauce needs a bit of cumin to flavor it, maybe 1/2 teaspoon. And I won't drain the tomatoes next time as the sauce got a little too thick.

I had some roasted poblanos in the freezer, so I thawed one and it looked like more than I needed after I chopped it, so I added about 2 tablespoons to the sauce. I think that I will do this next time, too. We gave it a 3 out of 5, with most likely a 4 next time after the changes are made.

[Image: ry%3D400.jpg]

Served with roasted corn (Trader Joe's) and edamame.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
Cuisine Lite - Chipotle Shrimp Review