I found a container of ham & beans, so guess I'll make some cornbread and that will be a quick dinner.

What are you all up to?

Sharon, the Spaghetti with Fennel sauce & herbs is delicious!! Made it last night. I added ~2 T. heavy cream at the end, just seemed to call for it. will keep this one handy. We love fennel.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? cjs I found a container ...
I'm thawing a steak for me and hamburgers for him (he prefers them to a steak!). Baked potatoes and sauteed spinach of some kind.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
I'm going to stuff some shells - three kinds of filling. Then I freeze them in sets of 8 for future quick dinners.
Isn't that a lovely sauce! Dinner tonight depends on what our plans are for the day. We went to Sam's club yesterday, so there's a beautiful sockeye salmon fillet & some lobster ravioli, and an amazing Dakota Beef corned brisket in the fridge.

If we stay home it's the ravioli with a shrimp sauce & grilled salmon with a nice salad with grapefruit sections.

If we head for Jamestown it'll be the corned beef.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? Harborwitch Isn't that a lovely ...
" hamburgers for him (he prefers them to a steak!)." - I did too, when I was 10 years old..... My mom loved it, saved her money.

That reminds me, Lorraine. It is so seldom I cook a beef roast, but we love French Dip sandwiches - I've been making them with ground chuck. Really tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? cjs " hamburgers for him...
Not sure yet, still looking through a new/used chinese cookbook that I picked up on Amazon. Lots of easy recipes to choose from.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? Mare749 Not sure yet, still ...
Oh, good idea, Maryann, I'm trying to figure out a fast easy dinner for Monday night on the road - time to get out a couple of books you just remined me of. thanks
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? cjs Oh, good idea, Marya...
It's cold here (in the 30's--cold for us), so we are making a big batch of French onion soup, eat some and freeze the rest!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? Old Bay It's cold here (in t...
I had a late workshop, so it's just spaghetti here...with a nice salad and some garlic bread.

Sharon, that ravioli and salmon sounds really good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? Gourmet_Mom I had a late worksho...
Thanks Daphne, but we just got home from town - so it's leftovers and tomorrow is salmon, Friday is corned beef, and Saturday is the President's day dinner. Sunday will be something with venison.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11??