I finally got my copy!

Today was the first day in many that we did not shovel snow, so I actually felt like cooking (instead of lying on a heating-pad and thinking of what I could toss into the microwave that would be decent...)

DH proclaimed the chicken as "excellent", and it was. Very tender, with a crunchy and garlicy crust, and a delicious spicy lemon glaze.

I made more (per serving) than the recipe indicated because the chicken breast half that I thawed was a whopping 14 ounces! Also, DH would never have been satisfied with a 5-ounce piece of meat. So I sliced this in half horizontally, and it took a bit less time to cook than the recipe indicated.

I think that there isn't enough of the coating mixture for 4 5-ounce chicken breasts, so I would increase it a bit if making 4 servings. There was just enough for our two, 14 ounce total, pieces.

I served the chicken with steamed broccoli and roasted fingerling potatoes.

(get out the magnifying glass, I still haven't figured out why my photos from Shutterfly post so small!)

[Image: ry%3D400.jpg]

* Exported from MasterCook *

Spicy Garlic Chicken with Lemon Glaze

Recipe By: CuisineLite
Servings:4

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
20 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves -- (4 pieces)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup panko
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil

Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Stir together panko, garlic, and oregano in a large dish. Dredge both sides of
chicken in panko mixture.

Combine lemon juice, honey, Tabasco, and lemon rind for the glaze in a small bowl and set aside.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; saute until cooked through, about 12 minutes (to 160 degrees internal temperature). Remove chicken from skillet.

Add lemon-honey mixture to the skillet and reduce until syrupy (less than a minute).Return the chicken to the skillet, flipping the pieces once to coat with glaze. Serve.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 227 Calories (kcal); 4g Total Fat; (16% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 82mg Cholesterol; 232mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates

Now, what to make next?!?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

CuisineLite- Spicy Garlic Chicken w/ Lemon Glaze foodfiend I finally got my cop...
Oh, Vicci, thanks for posting this. This looks like it's right up our alley!

I STILL haven't gotten the book. I probably should just give up gett/ing to Lowe's and just order it...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  CuisineLite- Spicy Garlic Chicken w/ Lemon Glaze foodfiend I finally got my cop...
Quote:

I made more (per serving) than the recipe indicated because the chicken breast half that I thawed was a whopping 14 ounces!

Chicken, or pterodactyl?

This sounds really good. Lemon and spicy go well together. In fact, around here, when they have chicken soup, they always have a bottle of a Tabasco-like sauce and some lemons on hand in order to put the sauce and lemon juice into each bowl of soup. It's simple, but it's GOOD!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?

Re: CuisineLite- Spicy Garlic Chicken w/ Lemon Glaze labradors [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Daphne, I could certainly pick up a copy when I am in Sam's next and send it to you. Unfortunately, the postage would probably be as much as the issue ($6.88).

Rob, I make a spicy tortilla soup and add a squeeze of lime which is really essential. I was very surprised at how well the lemon and spicy heat went together. We don't have Tabasco (too mild for DH), but I used a little less of our favorite hot sauce (habanero) and it was a perfect amount of heat.
Vicci

my cooking adventures

Re: CuisineLite- Spicy Garlic Chicken w/ Lemon Glaze foodfiend Daphne, I could cert...
Thanx for the review Vicci. I made this last night. I made 3 breasts and upped the coating ingredients by half. We liked it a lot but thought the Tabasco was too much - mostly for me. I would back it off a bit. Seems like there needs to be an egg wash or something for the coating to stick to. Some of it came off on turning. I planned to make the pesto green beans with it, but Hubby ate the green beans with his lunch. So I used some asparagus in the fridge and made some jasmine rice to go with it.
Thanks for the review. This one has been on my list!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.

Re: CuisineLite- Spicy Garlic Chicken w/ Lemon Glaze esgunn Thanks for the revie...
This one is going onto my list, but I still have a pretty long queue. At the top and starting tomorrow (Wednesday) are the three birthday-dinner menus. After that is an experiment with chicken that I have wanted to try for a long time. Then, there's a Filipino soup/stew I've already put onto my list. Those last two may trade places, since my chicken experiment is going to be based upon one of the ingredients of the Filipino dish. Then again, the chicken experiment may come in the middle of the birthday meals, so I won't have to freeze the extra piece of chicken I've already bought.

Anyway, had your review come just two days ago, I would have waited a little more for the other things, but now that I already have all the ingredients for what I mentioned above, I'll have to proceed as originally planned.

Re: CuisineLite- Spicy Garlic Chicken w/ Lemon Glaze labradors This one is going on...
I think I got all that, Labs...

Anxious to make this one also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: CuisineLite- Spicy Garlic Chicken w/ Lemon Glaze cjs I think I got all th...
Jeannette, I pressed the panko crumbs into the chicken pretty firmly, and that may be why I didn't have any trouble with them falling off while they were turned. Also, did you turn with a spatula or with tongs? I find that when I used tongs to turn anything (chicken, fish) that is crumb-coated, they fall off.

Rob, please tell me that you use notes to keep all of this information on your future menu plans "intact"....
Vicci

my cooking adventures

Re: CuisineLite- Spicy Garlic Chicken w/ Lemon Glaze foodfiend Jeannette, I pressed...
LOL! Mostly it's just that I have the recipes printed out and they are stacked in the order in which I plan to use them.
CuisineLite- Spicy Garlic Chicken w/ Lemon Glaze