Martha & Daphne got me interested in the spicy garlic chicken with lemon glaze in yesterday's posting, so that's what I'll do with my two chicken pieces in the fridge. Sounds so good.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/26 cjs Martha & Daphne got ...
Well, depending on when I get back from the city, we'll have either my birthday review dinner or Black Diamond Steak with Mushroom Risotto and Caesar Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/26 Gourmet_Mom Well, depending on w...
Lentil soup from the freezer, cornbread and a salad. Not too exciting here!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/26 HomeCulinarian Lentil soup from the...
Daphne's birthday dinner is in the crockpot! I think we will have it with grilled polenta and baby artichokes done like the new issue suggests.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/26 chef_Tab Daphne's birthday di...
Bold and Spicy Chicken Wings with cranberry glaze and Hot Potato Salad from Issue #80.
  T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/26 cjs Martha & Daphne got ...
Everybody's dinner sounds so good. My husband is bringing home fresh fish, so it's a fish-fry tonight! I had been working all day and had to kick him out. He went up to his parent's place and his dad had been ice fishing and caught a bunch of fish. He even filleted them for us. Wasn't that a stroke of luck for us? Gosh, there is no better fish than when it comes from icey cold water and then you cook it up fresh. I love it.

I had already thawed out some ground beef to make a Tex-Mex Lasagna, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/26 luvnit Everybody's dinner s...
Laura, I'd give every one of the dinners listed above for the fish you're having tonight!!! God, how fresh and wonderful can you get.

Well, my review of the spicy Garlic Chicken with Lemon Glaze is not as outstanding as others have given it. It was good, but I guess the way to tell for me was, given the choice between chicken picatta and this one, I'd take the picatta.

It's so gorgeous here, I just had to cook outside -
[Image: SpicyGarliccChix.jpg]

I'd make it again, but just not a real favorite.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/26 cjs Laura, I'd give ever...
Jean, I would pick the piccata over this also, but I've been fixing it a LOT lately and wanted something a little different before we got sick of the piccata. I saw Chicken Spiedini on the menu at Olive Garden today, and remembered how much I like that. So I want to be sure to add that to the rotation also. I don't know what's up with me and crunchy chicken and lemons lately.

I wound up with corn dogs...LOL! After meeting Mom and the two college kids for lunch, Mom offered to take Ashley on a shopping spree for groceries. She racked up! So after spending the afternoon/evening doing that, I didn't get home in time to make anything. So the boys at the house opted to make corn dogs. They were greasy. I should have stuck mine in the oven. I did have a BUNCH of salad and Seafood Alfredo for lunch...so I didn't really need to eat ANYTHING! I also scored flank steaks at Sam's, so I'm good to go for Braciola tomorrow!

I also scored the new Cuisine for Two, but no sign of the Cuisine Lite at either place.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/26 Gourmet_Mom Jean, I would pick t...
Nothing fancy here. Potato and Arugula soup with sauted leeks.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/26 DFen911 Nothing fancy here. ...
Even less fancy here. We were prepping all day for the today's Chili Tasting at the winery, so stopped at a chinese take out place. We were very pleasantly surprised at how good it was given that we are in the back woods of nowhere. Thew shrimp lo mein was loaded with good size shrimpp, and the gg foo yung was one of the best I've had.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
T.G.I.F. Dinner - 2/26