The infomercial post had me thinking about kitchen items I really want. So, how about we all name three things we covet for out kitchens.

1. The Ultimate Wusthof Classic Knife Set. Yes, I realize this is an obscene amount of knives, but I want it anyway. I don't have any good knives, so why not get them all at once?
http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/2267...block.aspx

2. Le Crueset french ovens 5, 7.25, and 9 quarts. I think in red.

3. Set of All-Clad cookware.

I don't think I'll be getting any of these things anytime soon, but a girl can dream.

What do you want?
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com

Coveted kitchen items Vanquisher The infomercial post...
Quote:

The infomercial post had me thinking about kitchen items I really want. So, how about we all name three things we covet for out kitchens.

1. The Ultimate Wusthof Classic Knife Set. Yes, I realize this is an obscene amount of knives, but I want it anyway. I don't have any good knives, so why not get them all at once?
http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/2267...block.aspx

2. Le Crueset french ovens 5, 7.25, and 9 quarts. I think in red.

3. Set of All-Clad cookware.

I don't think I'll be getting any of these things anytime soon, but a girl can dream.

What do you want?

All of the above, plus a Viking Cook top and grill, Kitchen Aid food processor, and a standing Kitchen Aid mixer.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".

Re: Coveted kitchen items Old Bay [blockquote]Quote:[h...
Well my Dearest Hubby has indulged me with all kinds of kitchen goodies, and vice versa, he's got one great wood shop going, too! Just made a wood panel front for our dishwasher that looks just like our cabinets, handles and all!

I would have to say that I would love to take classes on making the 5 Mother sauces, and then some, and then getting a copper 1 1/2 Q sauce pan.

So if anyone out there knows where I could do this, please let me know. I would travel to do this. Heck, I'm trying to get him to travel to some woodworking courses I've seen in his high-end furniture and woodworking mags.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.

Re: Coveted kitchen items BarbaraS Well my Dearest Hubb...
Barbara, there is a really cool class in Tampa that I want to take

http://www.lamaisongourmet.info/skills.html

I am sure there is something similar close to you.
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com

Re: Coveted kitchen items Vanquisher Barbara, there is a ...
Does a kitchen remodel count????? That's going to be a piece by piece project.

A dishwasher!!!!! I'm so sick of washing my messes up by hand - and lacking one hasn't made me make fewer messes. There's one here on the farm that I can have - we just can't get it down from the top shelf where the guys put it.

Cuisinart 7 quart mixer. I'm greedy - but I think I can justify it by possibly baking bread for special orders and my poor old KA stand mixer just won't handle the volume.

A French door fridge. Whoever invented side by sides should be found, flogged, and then forced to live with one.

and just for giggles - a Shun santoku knife. Cousin Harry gifted me with a bread knife he made from an old serrated slicer. Man, this thing is wicked - but not good for crispy crusts.

Bob's been so good to me as far as kitchen toys go. My old old old second hand cuisinart 14c. food processor is dying a slow death (the motor won't handle heavy loads without dying, the metal blade is duller than a butter knife, the work bowl has been glued together until it can't be anymore. I have to hold the bowl and lid in place to keep the thing on. And whatever you're processing sprays out between the lid and the bowl) - I found a replacement on Ebay - it's on it's way. My 35 year old Rival crockpot bit the dust and we just replaced that with a beautiful digital Hamilton Beach. Only problem is that it's way too big for two people.

Now I've got this sewing and machine embroidery kick going and he's being just as wonderful. Just got the machine, and I'm having to replace all the stuff I used to have 30 years ago when I last did a lot of sewing.

I'm spoiled rotten, and I know it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Coveted kitchen items Vanquisher The infomercial post...
Interesting thread. I like seeing what other people want. Then I can add it to my 'someday' list.

What would I want?

Hmmmm....

1. I think I would want some All-Clad (or something very similar and cheaper). I am not hung up on name-brand, just quality.

2. I would like to find a 'new' used hand mixer like the one my husband inherited from his grandmother. It works great and I think it works better than anything NEW I have ever tried.

3. A new set of cutting boards that are lightweight and store easily.

I feel so fortunate my husband sees the value in fun kitchen stuff, I don't really want for anything. Not much anyway. He's a keeper!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura

Re: Coveted kitchen items luvnit Interesting thread. ...
A while ago I probably could have come up with a more interesting wish list, but right now, I would be happy to be reunited with the stuff I already own, but left in Missouri. Daughter #2 is due any day now and I will be going back to help her out for a while when the baby is born. I am almost as excited to visit our house and caress my kitchen toys as I am to hold my first grandchild.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!

Re: Coveted kitchen items chef_Tab A while ago I probab...
Well, ultimately, I'd like a first rate outdoor kitchen. This probably won't happen any time soon, now that I have announced that I'd like to move back to Southport after I retire. I'd go now, but I have tenure where I'm at, and I'd be about ready for retirement by the time I got it in Southport.

Next would be a commercial kitchen setup at the farm, but see above.

Realistically, WE'd like the following:

-the smoker finished

-the new chicken yard finished so we can replace the chickens...OIY

-the meat grinder I was promised

-a KA immersion blender with all the attachments

(Next fall I'll add the enameled cast iron Dutch oven back to the list. It will soon be too hot to do stews and soups.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.

Re: Coveted kitchen items Gourmet_Mom Well, ultimately, I'...
I just want my "coveted kitchen"! Maybe this year...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com

Re: Coveted kitchen items foodfiend I just want my "cove...
I covet the new style Cuisinart 14 cup food processor (really want the 16 cup but they don't make a french fry disc for it so that is a deal breaker for me). I won't get it because I already have a fairly new 14 cup just in the previous model. I would love a good quality medium size mortar and pestle and a marble cutting board. Most of all, I'd love a free unlimited supply of truffle butter and pancetta. Won't get any of the above, but making the list made me realize how lucky I am. Love, my knives, have a red 5 qt LC and a beautiful 8qt Staub as well as an AC one (would not be able to lift anything bigger), don't care for the long AC handles and love my Cuisinart multi-clad pro, have a red KA mixer. And I actually like my stove and oven. So thank you for making me appreciate my kitchen goodies.
Coveted kitchen items